My birth story

cammy

Mummy To Alexander XD
Reaction score
Sorry girls if this is long as I'm sure it will be :S

So I went into the clinic for my 36 week appointment, not due for another 4 weeks feeling absolutely fine. Did the normal stuff..wee in cup, bp checked, weight measured and then sat down and waited. Then when I went into see my doctor I was all ready to discuss my birth plan, talk about the hospital policies for what you can take into the labour room, get tested for strep B, ask for a doctors note for my uni records.....but as soon as I walked in my doctor told me I was being admitted to the hospital because my bp was 160/120 and there was protein ++++ in my urine. :S As I was zoomed up stairs I was told I'd be induced within an hour and if I failed to progress I would be having a c-section :O
Next thing I know I'm in a bed being strapped to monitors having multiple bloods taken, cannula in my arm, bp cuff on, tags on and being prepared to be transferred to another hospital.

At this point I was sooooo overwhelmed and started to freak out majorly, I went into a huge panic attack, my bp started raising and my pulse was up up up. I felt like I was on fire :S It was so hard to contact OH and let him know what was happening but finally an hour later he rocked up all excited to meet his baby, whilst I'm sitting there freaking out.

I then got transferred to another hospital, they did all the same tests and dosed me up on meds and said the doctor would be in shortly.

9pm at night, still no doctor. The next morning I saw the doctor and they had a different plan to my doctor back home, no induction, just bed rest and monitoring as they didn't have a clue what was wrong. The plan changed everyday for a good week. They were worried I had a severe case of pre-eclampsia but were puzzled because all my bloods were coming back normal, I didn't show any other signs and I felt absolutely fine, regardless how high my bp was.
Then on the Saturday a week later, I was told by one doctor that I was to be induced the following day and that the plan would not change. We were so relieved that finally a decision had been made.

Sunday came and I was examined. They compared my cervix to a green tomato....no way near ready. And as a result they cancelled my induction. I was told I was going home with bp medication and that I didn't have pre-eclampsia.

So on monday morning I was packed and ready to be discharged when all of a sudden again came the doctors on their rounds and the plan had changed again :cry: by this point I was so exhausted and just wanted to go home, pre-eclampsia or no pre-eclampsia.
They had decided to try to induce me in the afternoon but were certain it wouldn't work and that they would have to try again the next day and maybe even the next. They said not to expect labour to start for 1 - 2 days at the least.
That afternoon, to my surprise, they actually tried to induce me using cervidil (sp?) before hand I asked if they could do it tomorrow as I was so tired and if I went into labour I would not last. They said not to worry , that labour wouldn't start til tomorrow night at the earliest, that I would be able to get a good night sleep. Well only 10 minutes after inducing me, I started getting contractions and was 2cm dilated :O pfft no good night sleep, I was so tired. Within an hour I was having contractions that mimicked last stage labour :S

The monitors were picking up weird reading from bub and so they decided to get my labour moving along and broke my waters. Bub's readings got worse, so they then decided that if after an hour I hadn't gotten to 6cm I would have to have a c-section. An hour passed, I was only 3. Bub's readings got worse and worse. So I was rushed off for an emergency c-section.

The entire experience was pretty traumatic and so scary, especially the c-section. We didn't even notice that bub had come out, he didn't make a sound. We looked over to my right and saw him so purple and not breathing. OH rushed over to him and was told that bub needed to be rushed off to the nursery, OH went with him. I stayed behind, so scared and worried. I was in the operating room for a long time after that and even longer in the recovery room. An hour and half had past and I still hadn't meet my boy yet.

I finally got to see him and I was so over the moon, but the cranky nurse only let me have him for 15 minutes :cry:

We spent another week and a half in hospital because bub wasn't putting on weight, wasn't feeding and was on drips and I still had really high bp and protein.

When we finally did get home we had to go back after two nights because bub stopped feeding again. But now we are home and very happy to be :D

Alexander was born on the 23rd of May at 2.61kg (5.7 pounds)

So sorry you had to go through all that!! That would've been pretty traumatic!! Glad to hear that your little man is doing well now!:) take care and thank you for sharing your story!

Good Lord! They really knoew how to make you MORE stressed! Glad it all worked out and hope this memeory fades into happy memeories, pf poos and vomits and feeds!

Wow that sounds so stressful, but congrats on your baby! Bet he is adorable!

Congrats on your bubs arrival, though it all sounds like a rather stressful experience! Shame the nurse wouldn't let you hold him for more than 15 mins! Glad he's home and healthy now :)

OMG what a scarey story ,congrats hun

Congratulations :hugs: glad he's home now :) x

wow, sorry you had such a stressful time in the run up to meeting Alexander!
Very many congratulations and wishing you a speedy recovery! :hugs:

Poor you, sounds very stressful. Hope you're both doing better now and congrats on your new arrival!

Sorry to hear what you went through... Just glad everything is ok now. Congratulations :) x

Gosh I'm so sorry you had such a hard time, how worrying for you! I'm so glad you are both doing well now though! congratulations on your baby boy!

blimey talk about confusing you and stressing you out, glad you and baby are fine :) x

So sorry you had such a traumatic experience. But wonderful to read everything's fine with you and you're all happy now :)!

Sorry you had to go through that! I have a ver similar story but I made it to. 38 weeks on meds and was induced! Glad all was good in the end x x

Thanks for that! Sorry to hear you had such a stressful time but congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->