My body isn't working!

gilliankelly

Reaction score
So, now my friends who were due to give birth weeks after me are now giving birth. One is having a C Section as I type this!

Its been almost 48 hours since I had my membrane sweep, and nope, no contractions, no show, no waters! I did lose my mucus plug and I got a few painless tightenings, but this baby is not coming out!

Thank GOD I have my induction scheduled for Tuesday 11th. I'm just looking to that date as my new due date now, otherwise I will drive myself mad!

My fiancé said to me this morning 'I wish you'd hurry up and go into labour, so I can get my couple of weeks off work now'. Ohhhh if this bump didn't weigh me down!

Awww not much longer now hun, you waited all this time, a few more days and it'll be all over with :)

Thats a good way to look at it, that 11th is your due date. Bonus if anything happens sooner, either way only 4 days or so you'll defo be in labour! So exciting!

Thank you. I'm 40+3-weeks today. I think I'm just agitated because I thought the membrane sweep would work. I hadn't been so anxious to give birth before. But now that the sweep hasn't worked, I'm all frustrated. I'm lucky that I only have to wait till I'm 7 days overdue to get induced. There are women who have to wait up to 14 days.

Yer MrsE was 14 days over :shock: I dread it seems more common to be late on your first!

:lol: @ your OH ... is he helping things along ;)

Yer MrsE was 14 days over :shock: I dread it seems more common to be late on your first!

:lol: @ your OH ... is he helping things along ;)

He wants to, but I don't feel that way inclined. I've been putting him on projects, such as building my dogs their winter kennels to keep him away from me!

Ahhh, my body isn't working either!!!

I just called my hosp to ask the what will happen when I go on the 14th and she said they'll monitor the baby and do a scan and then give me an induction date for 4 days later so exactly 2 weeks over due!!!

So that means I could be like this for another 11 days!!!!

It really is starting to get to me now.....I can't sleep properly and I'm getting myself all worked up!!! I was awake til 4am this morning just because I was so annoyed and if one more person says 'won't be long now' I'm going to seriously injur them :hissy:!!!!

My OH keeps saying 'just relax and be patient!!'.......RELAX.....SERIOUSLY....alright how would you feel about this......'all of a sudden someones going to come and rip ur bolloc*s off you, you don't know when its going to happen but you know it is going to happen and its going to be the most painful thing you've ever felt in your life.....now you bloody relax!'

I would seriously love to see a man pregnant and watch them crumble at every slight teeny bit of pain!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Ohhh I feel the same, only my fiancé is more impatient than I am!

That's so horrible that you have to wait 2 weeks over to be induced. My date is for the 11th, but they warned me that if they are busy that day, I'll have to wait till the next day etc. Grrr!

I had been hoping upon hope that the membrane sweep would work, but its been over 48 hours and nothing has happened apart from my losing my mucus plug and perhaps getting more discharge than before.

So I'm now hoping I'll go into labour over the weekend; I'm having a long soak in the bath this evening, and having curry for dinner, pineapple for supper. Going for a long walk tomorrow with my dogs!

You ladies may be overdue and tired and stressed and anxious, but you sure are funny as well :lol:

Hope things start to progess for both of you.

Oh Gillian and Lil babay boo I hope things start happening for you both VERY soon!

I can't imagine going overdue - I'm far too impatient! - Really sympathise with you both.

I will have my fingers crossed for some progrss for you both!

just bear in mind,I was just like you could not wait to get this baby out but when she did arrive after induction at 40+7 she was bloody 2 weeks early,luckily she weighed a hefty 8lb 13 or I would have felt terrible

Dont worry he will soon be here,enjoy your baths and rest coz that goes for first few weeks

good luck
bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"