my boss is being a k**b!!

costgang

Reaction score
i work in an express store, for a large foodstore, im currently 21 and 1 day. ive still had no maternity uniform, apparently they dont do one, and he keeps having a go at me for wearing my jeans, well they are the onwill ly things that fit me, why should i have to pay out for a certain colour of trousers? surely they should provide or pay for them? also ive been getting a bit of backache, notinh bad, but its annoying if i stand for long periods, so i asked if i could have a chair for when im on tills, he told me i had to have a note from my dr!! then in the next breath im told that job in our store involevs sitiing down, when i told my dr she said well if they are not happy with a note we will just have to sign you off.ive only got 8 weeks left at work and i cant really afford to be on sick pay, any advice? sorry its so long

Is your doctor happy to do a note for you so you can work sitting down?

I can totally sympathized with the uniform thing, pregnant or not. i used to work for Hilton and they were giving us god awful black trousers which never fit right and make you look unbeliveabley stupid. if you wore your own black trousers, which were not really any different (apart from being fitting and better material) then you would be disaplined.

That is terrible! Employers do need to make allowanxes for pregnant women, i.e no heavy lifting and you being able to sit down if needed! That is awful!

I hope your Doctor did you a note, and I would say to your employer that if they do not supply maternity wear, then they can pay for your maternity wear for work, as they obviously provide a uniform for your job, so just because you are pregnant does not mean you should be excluded! x

Yes at the end of the day employers are supposed to carry out a risk assesment weekly!

you should not be treated any diffrently because you are pregnant, your boss should allow you to sit down and have uniform provided for all employees, is there a HR or anyone higher in your company that you can speak to about this issue as you are not being treated fairly? x

Is it a tesco? i work for expess and am allowed a chair, apparently my store went to the union few years back and they said that your alowed one.

My friend is about 6 months now and works for Tesco too (if it is indeed Tesco).

They have been just as pants, it shouldn't be down to specific stores, it should be everywhere!

She has one personnel person there who is all about the company and not about the staff but to make matters worse she's a night worker and the personnel woman works days!

It does begger belief

Hi

Your boss sounds awful, if they cant provide a uniform then they should allow you to wear your own, maybe you should bring this up with HR officially and hear what they say. Your employer should have done a Health and Safety assessment of your job as soon as they found out you were pregnant. This can be arranged via the Health and Safety Officer for your company. This will then iron out any issues surrounding your work and what you can and cant do. Would you be able to do this? That would sort out that knob of a boss as he would have it in writing from the HSO that you are allowed to sit down for health and safety reasons. Good luck

yep, its tesco, how did u guess?:rofl: we got a new boss and he is trying to show he is incharge, we had a really nice boss last time, i could go to our deputy but she is a cow and just as bad, i did get a note, i took it in tonight only to be told well i cant do anything til the k**b gets back, hes got a few days off, so i kicked off big time, got my chair, but the sh*t i had to go through to get it, its a joke.i might email our area personnel mamanger, she is nice,thanks for all your advice.

Im glad u got ur chair sorted,but u shud deffo let ur personnel dpt kno whats goin on x
also... how thick must I sound, but i cant figure it out...whats a k**b??

marg - add an "no"!!
As for the chair - it shouldn't have been si hard to get a chair, and it seems like they aren't doing their legal duty to you by saying even though you have a dr note, you can't have a chair until someone gets back in a few days.
I would let personnel know all of this and keep a diary about any pregnancy related nonsense you get from the bosses, in case they try to get rid of you or continue to treat you unfairly.
You must put your current complaint in writing to personnel so it can get properly logged, hopefully they will give mr meanie a talking to!!

LMAO!!!! I soooo get it now!!!
I thort it was new swear word off the 'street' that I wasnt 'down' with!! Phew :D

i put that coz i didnt know if id get told off for writing the whole word:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->