• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My boyfriend smells bad to me :(

monkeygirl09

Reaction score
While lots of foods and nasty things like cigarettes smell horrible to me, one of the things really bothering me is the smell of my boyfriend!! It is mostly when I get close enough to him to kiss him or hug him. He has not changed anything, same soap, shampoo etc. This is so upsetting to me :( I've been around him during the summer when he hadn't showered for two days and I couldn't smell him then. I used to love how he smelled, his natural scent and his cologne as well. Is this a pregnancy symptom? Has anyone else experienced this and will it go away soon??

Also, I have no sex drive.........whatsoever. My morning sickness has improved to the point I can finally function somewhat but I still feel yucky. Not to mention I feel bloated and fat and not sexy at all...

Will all of this maybe improve in the 2nd trimester? I am trying to remain hopeful!

It will be over soon ! The 1st trimester is the hard one!
I'm 7 weeks too and it happened to me too, he was sick and I just couldn't stand his smell..
it goes on and off.. maybe he can change soap or put some perfume you like?

That will go away eventually :D With my first pregnancy, I asked my husband to brush his teeth every two hours and to shower three times a day and I'd still be grossed out by his smell sometimes lol. I remember telling him he had to brush his teeth before he showered or else he smelled bad. I cried because he wouldn't do this anymore towards the end of the first trimester. But it didn't bother me much anymore when I hit my second trimester. But I'm abnormally sensitive to smell anyhow lol

i make my boyfriend brush his teeth more often so i can smell something more minty than whatever he ate. my sniffer is strong and i feel like its getting stronger!

not only that, but he feels what i do most of the time. so whenever i get a bout of morning sickness, he starts feeling sick too. his mom says its sympathy pains. hes a very romantic guy so i wouldnt doubt his amount of sympathy for how i feel while carrying his babies

I had that with my second, my fella repulsed me! Sounds awful but it did go when I turned about 15 weeks, before then everything about the poor man irritated me, I was constantly picking holes in him but he understood and pregnancy does funny things to us so your not alone :) x

It's normal. Mouth wash and body soap bothers me. :lol:

Oh my gosh I'm so happy it isn't just me! I'm 10 weeks, and I can't stand how my OH smells right now, especially his feet and breath. I haven't said anything to him so far....but now that I know I'm not completely nuts, we might be having a little chat soon :)

I can't relate to you on this one, but I didn't want to read and run and I was curious as to how common it is LOL I'm the total opposite. My sex drive has been insanely higher these past couple weeks and I can't get enough of my hubby's smell. The only thing that really bothers me is if he doesnt brush his teeth after he eats because I can smell the food on his breath from across the room. The things our poor men have to deal with while we're in this stage of pregnancy haha!!
Hopefully it gets better for you soon, nwgritz! You want to find plenty of chances to :sex: now because there won't be much of it later on for a while!! ;) GL

I had this very bad with my last pregnancy. I'm sorry to say mine lasted for the whole time. It was awful. I took to putting Vicks vapor rub under my nose at night and slept facing away from him. It was really hard on both of us, but it went away the day my son was born. Most people have it pass after first tri though, so you'll likely be ok soon :)

My OH stank to me throughout my daughters pregnancy. I would tell him his and we found a solutions as he had to bath every day and use only the tiniest of smelly, but the scents i liked changed so we had to buy him new stuff every 2-3 weeks. But it worked to some point. But like PP said it went when she was born, this time he doesn't smell that bad.

Yes. I made him get new soap, new shampoo, new toothpaste because even the mint flavored makes me nauseous. No lotions with scent. I didn't go to the store with him, But he bought like 5 soaps that were the plainest smelling ones to see which one I could handle. Didn't smell them just told him to use the dove. It's mild to me. And I can't hug him when he comes home from work unless he takes a shower first. I'm glad I haven't had a stinky doctor yet.

I couldn't stand the smell of my husband during my first pregnancy. I finally figured out it was his deodorant. I threw it all away and that solved the problem.

That will go away eventually :D With my first pregnancy, I asked my husband to brush his teeth every two hours and to shower three times a day and I'd still be grossed out by his smell sometimes lol. I remember telling him he had to brush his teeth before he showered or else he smelled bad. I cried because he wouldn't do this anymore towards the end of the first trimester. But it didn't bother me much anymore when I hit my second trimester. But I'm abnormally sensitive to smell anyhow lol

I tell my boyfriend he smells bad! LOL....he tried to chew gum a lot......I know I am sensitive to smell right now - so many smells disgust me. I hope the 2nd trimester changes it for me!

Yes. I made him get new soap, new shampoo, new toothpaste because even the mint flavored makes me nauseous. No lotions with scent. I didn't go to the store with him, But he bought like 5 soaps that were the plainest smelling ones to see which one I could handle. Didn't smell them just told him to use the dove. It's mild to me. And I can't hug him when he comes home from work unless he takes a shower first. I'm glad I haven't had a stinky doctor yet.

Thanks......maybe I will get my bf to get new soap. Ugh, he after he showers in the morning something he uses is too strong for me :( and then he smells bad throughout the day. Poor guy. I hope this lets up soon

Oh my gosh I'm so happy it isn't just me! I'm 10 weeks, and I can't stand how my OH smells right now, especially his feet and breath. I haven't said anything to him so far....but now that I know I'm not completely nuts, we might be having a little chat soon :)

I'm glad it's not just me either! I was thinking I was crazy. Yeah, when I get close enough to my boyfriend to hug him and especially kiss him I just get this instant sick feeling from his smell - can't even pinpoint what the smell is exactly. It is so frustrating. I don't want to be affectionate because well.....he makes me sick! UGH. Being pregnant so far is not fun at all. I am miserable :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"