My brave but poorly girl x

Eoz

Mummy of 5! Eeek!
Reaction score
Firstly a big thank you to Luvbunsazzle for the thread and keeping you guys updated.:flower:

2nd is a big thank you to you all for your kind words and hugs xxx :hugs:

Well what a horrid 2 weeks.Madison came home from preschool 7th Dec with a a horrible runny nappy.She had been off her food the weekend but we thought it may have been the start of a cold.Well Mon night she started being sick.Nothing stayed down.Not even sips of water or Calpol.This went on till Friday.I took her to docs on Wednessday and he said let her eat what she wants her body knows what to do.So we did but I held back on dairy.She was still being sick on the Saturday so I rung out of hours docs and they said starve her for 24 hrs then toast next day.We did and she held it down until 6 hours later.Mon morning we noticed she was hot and started to cough so dosed her up and let her rest.Tues day she was burning her temp had hit 40 degrees.I took her to docs at 6pm and he saw how poorly she was and very dehydrated.He gave me Ibroprofen and told me if her temp still remained high then take her to A & E asap.Well it did go down so we tucked her in our bed and put the fan on in the room to cool the air.Well at 3 am she woke screaming and was dripping wet her temp was 41 degrees.Also w as fighting for breath.I just grabbed her coat shoved it on and drove to the hospital(I forgot to put clothes on till OH lobbed some at me :dohh:)

Well we got to A & E and her sats were so low it scared the hell out of me.She needed oxygen and nebulisers.As her temp was still sky high they had to admit her :cry: I was on my own and wanted a hug from OH.They got her a side room as they did suspect Swine flu or pneumonia.She had chest xrays as they heard something and a shadow showed up.It turned out to be a nasty infection.she still wasn't drinking so had to go a drip which i didn't want so i syringed water in to her mouth every 5 mins.This stopped them using a drip.After other tests it turned out she had a water infection,a virus and a deep upper chest infection.All this and no food and drink her body couldn't take anymore.So she was put on Antibiotics.

The hospital was lovely and the room was really cosy.I couldn't sleep much though and they don't feed parents but I couldn't never leave Madi to go to grab something as she got upset so I started to get a bit ill.An old friend is a nurse there so she bought me some snacks and a sandwich.We only stayed in 2 days as they felt we would both be better off at home.And Madi needed her coco pops the one thing she kept asking for!

Since we have come home shes got better and better.Eating little bits not a meal yet but mainly fruit and her blooming Coco pops.

Abi doodles has a slight cold so I hope it all goes before Santa arrives.

Once again thank you to you all and to Nieves mamma and Sazzle for texting me at hospital. xxx

I have put 2 pics up of her xx

Attachments

• DSC00670.jpg
    DSC00670.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00674.jpg
    DSC00674.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 22
Thats awful, glad to see she is getting better though :hugs: x

aww bless her, and poor u n hubby u ust have been so worried, glad she is getting better now though and hope shes much better my christmas xx

Glad she is starting to get better and is home with mummy again. Hope she is well for xmas so she can enjoy all the fun (((hugs)))

So glad she is home and on the mend hunny, hopefully she will be almost back to normal by xmas :hugs: xxx

i'm so glad she is home and on the mend hun xx

Oh hun, that must have been so scary.

So pleased she's on the mend now. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back