My bump totally embarresed me today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by kaykay, Apr 27, 2009.

1. kaykay

kaykay Well-Known Member

I called the hospital today as I hadnt felt my baby move for nearly 2 days and I was getting really worried about it. They told me to go down and they will check everything..

She asked me if she had moved 10 times that day and I said "no she hasnt moved at all" so the MW puts her hadn on my tummy and then the naughty little miss gives her one hell of a kick!!

My mum, Me and OH had been tying to get her to move all day aswell. So they hook me onto the machine and she starts kicking the hell out of me... THe MW sort of gave me a funny look and said she "looks fine to me"

I know the main thing is that she is ok.. but to get me worried like that.. and then make it look likeim a liar.. she is in big trouble when shes out...Lol:rofl:

x

2. Pink_Witch

Pink_Witch proud mummy of 6

:rofl: yep typical kids make mum out to be a liar!!

gets worse as they get older too..........they are sooooooo poorly and cant move so you call the doc and just as he arrives the little buggers perk up as if they have been drip fed e numbers!!!!!!!!!:hissy:

glad all is well tho chick xxx:hug:

3. charlieann

charlieann Well-Known Member

:rofl: maybe she didnt like midwife touching her!
    i've been in a few times with simular and as soon as they hooked me up to the machine he woke up. OH decided to tell him he was grounded until may 2nd :rofl:. i ate over half a tub of ice cream today as didnt want to be shown up again by bump. it did the trick and woke him up!

4. csmummu

csmummu Home to Charlie.

haha my first did this proberbly about 3 times all resulting in hospital trips and as soon as they put the doppler on she would actually kick the dopler! lol at least your little madam is nearly due she cant be playing this game too much longer :)

5. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

Awww....

well, I'm glad everything is okay!!!

My bump makes a liar out of me. He could be kicking away, and as soon as I grab DH's hand to feel it, he stops. Or slows down anyway. Even when I'm watching TV, I can see my whole belly move out of the corner of my eye, and the second I move my shirt up to watch it, he stops. Argh!!

6. Pux

Pux Ryley's Mom

Kinda like when the toilet starts to work after you've called the plumber to come and fix it.

7. Gemma Lou

Gemma Lou Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I have had the same happen to me. The midwives have been great though, they said they would rather I had peace of mind than sit at home worrying. I know what you mean though, you feel like you have been worrying over nothing and think that they will think you are just wasting time!
    I always say, if in doubt, check it out...........they are too precious just to leave and assume all is ok, so you defo did the right thing x

8. MissCherry15

MissCherry15 Mummy of 2

those doppler monitor things are horribly unconfortable! well in my opinion after being strapped to one earlier xD
    it sent my baby wild kicking and moving for 2hours straight

9. mommydrgnfly

mommydrgnfly Prego w/ 4th.

yea...my daughter hates the MW and the machine lol.

10. junemomma09

mine has done the same to me a few times as well....the joys of our children!

11. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Still best to get checked u never know when i was last checked i never felt anything but the cgt picked up 9 movements in 20 mins

12. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Don't be embarrassed hun its better to get it checked when this happens, they love to give us the run around and thats before they are born :rofl:, glad all is okay, take care :hugs: XX

13. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

always the case isn't it :lol: they don't half like to give us a fright don't they!!

xXx