My cat got a bird AGAIN :(

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
Im gettin really annoyed with my cat.. a while ago he kept catching birds and bringing them in my house.. on several occasions I have walked in the hallway or kitchen to find feathers everywhere and a poor bird yelping in the corner.. blood all over the place. It freaks me out and Ive started having palpitaions when this happens. I started to lock the door to the kitchen so the cat can only get into the utility cuz I am petrified that one day I will go upstairs and find a dead bird. Anyway, today I was cooking dinner and could hear a bird so I opened the utility door and there were feathers and blood everywhere. My cat had dragged it in thru the flap and it had managed to hide under the cupboard. I totally went dizzy cuz as I open that door, I never know what Im gonna find. I saw the feathers so knew the bird was somewhere from the noise. I had to fish it out from underneath and get rid. Im still shaking. I soooooo hate it. My cat is a nasty thing of late. He has had his balls out too so technically shouldbt be wild like this. Any ideas how I can stop him bringin these bloody birds in. Biggest bird was a magpie... pigeons even... EWWWWW!!!

Cant take the wild out of a cat buy cutting off his balls lol mine used to bring mice in my bed lol

I can't offer any suggestions but these are his presents to you...

Yeah lovwely presents they are lol mine still squeaked most of the time lol

aww sorry hun i dont think theres alot you can do, its in the cats nature to catch things likes birds and mice :( x

lol yeh thats the worst thing.. these birds are always still alive... but injured so much that they dont live! They are definately presents I can do without lol x

I had enough of my cats doing this and banned them from ever going outside again. They drive me mad, but after one of them plucked all the feathers off a bird that was still alive, I decided that I had to draw the line.

That's the awful thing about cats :(

My aunties cat catches things, but doesn't kill them. She will find a small bird, take it home through the cat flap into the house and just let it go!

I think she just like seeing a bird flying around and my aunty screaming her tits off!

But seriously, I think the only way to help stop it is to get a big ass bell for his/her collar, that way the little critters get a bit of a warning.
That's all I can think of :)

thanks Im definately gonna do that :) He did have a collar on witha bell but I was sick of him coming home without it on so didnt bother gettin him another. Gonna have to tho. xxxxxxx thanks everyone. cats. who's av em ay! lol xxx

Little bugger.Mine always brings me gifts.butterflies,shrews,mice but the OMG one was him bringing in a bloody squirrel!!!!!And he was alive!!

I use bells now and it has calmed down.I still get butterflies though lol

Hope your cat behaves soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back