My chart is so crazy!!

Erika_Whitney

Reaction score
Okay so this is my first month temping. I am using the nexcare bbt thermometer and I am not temping the exact same time morning, but it is always after at least 3 hours of sleep and before getting up. My temps are ALL over the place! I have a regular cycle, however last month I think I o'ed around CD18. Also, I am temping orally...should I be temping vaginally? Any advice on how to get an accurate chart going would be great! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 8
Hi Erika. For starters, try this website https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php it will adjust your temp based on when you normally take it. I set my alarm for the same time every morning, regardless of whether I have the day off. Sometimes I have to be up earlier, so I use that website to fix my temps. I temp orally and don't seem to have a problem. The first month I wasn't doing the same time tho, so now I am and it's even more steady. Are you going to use OPK's too?

I will check that out, thank you! Yes I am using my OPK's as well so maybe that will also give some insight. Thank you!!

i temp vaginally and try not to adjust my temps. can i ask why you dont temp at the same time each day?

Well sometimes I am up at 3:45 for the gym, and some days I get up at my normal time of 5:00. On another thread someone said that shouldn't affect it as much, as long as it was after three hours of sleep? So I guess I should be temping the same time. But question- what if I wake up an hour before I am supposed to on accident- should I go ahead and temp then?

I say yes, temp when you wake up, even if it's early. If you wake up an hour early you won't be able to get 3 hours of consecutive sleep to allow your bbt to drop to where it should be. So just take the temp when you wake up.

Are you using digital opks?

Okay thanks! And no I'm not using the digital ones- I got them off amazon. I used them last month and got my first positive on cd18, so they showed a surge last month. I wanted to start temping to verify that I actually ovulated.

Also, I am using the nexcare bbt thermometer, but it doesn't measure to the 1/100ths. What is a good one that does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->