My cycles are getting shorter since ttc. Anyone?

twocherries

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I am ttc for 4 months now. Since I ttc my cycles are getting shorter . My regular cycles are 29 days, but since ttc fist month 27, second 25, third 24 and it looks like its gonna be 23 this month. Af shows up after 16 days I see egg white thing ( sorry tmi) so I think luteal phase is same but first phase is getting shorter and shorter . I ovulate right after af.
Is anyone has the same thing?
thanx and baby dust to you all

I know what you mean! I had a d&c last year, after a m/c so my cycles are a bit all over the place anyway. December I was 31 days, then jan-feb 29, mar/april 26 and this month 20days!! Gonna go and see the doc next week, just to get some peace of mind. Sorry I can't offer an answer, just wanted you to know that you're not the only one!

xx

Hi'ya, I joined yesterday and am still wondering whether I an ok member because I'm a Fertility therapist. I was wondering if therapists are allowed :o)
If your follicular phase has become shorter since you started doing your temps it could be related to worry and anxiety. Were your cycles always 29days before starting temp charting? Jane

Hi'ya, I joined yesterday and am still wondering whether I an ok member because I'm a Fertility therapist. I was wondering if therapists are allowed :o)
If your follicular phase has become shorter since you started doing your temps it could be related to worry and anxiety. Were your cycles always 29days before starting temp charting? Jane

Welcome:) Of course you can join! It's great to meet you.

Hi girls,
I am ttc for 4 months now. Since I ttc my cycles are getting shorter . My regular cycles are 29 days, but since ttc fist month 27, second 25, third 24 and it looks like its gonna be 23 this month. Af shows up after 16 days I see egg white thing ( sorry tmi) so I think luteal phase is same but first phase is getting shorter and shorter . I ovulate right after af.
Is anyone has the same thing?
thanx and baby dust to you all

Only on second cycle after bp so not 100% sure what my real length is!! But had to post and stay I touch with ur post to see how you get on :)

Sounds good that luteal phase is staying the same tho :) x

Irregular or shorter/longer follicular phase is usually due to the hypothalamus (hormone control centre of the brain) getting upset.

We'll all react differently because we're all wired up differently. I guess we all have different levels of "stress resistance". It's sometime hard to be objective about whether we are stressed or overdoing it because we get in comfort zones and habits. Alternate nostril breathing and drinking plenty of water (no colder than room temperature) are great friends to help healthy brain balance. I can explain why if anyone is interested.....?

Irregular or shorter/longer follicular phase is usually due to the hypothalamus (hormone control centre of the brain) getting upset.

We'll all react differently because we're all wired up differently. I guess we all have different levels of "stress resistance". It's sometime hard to be objective about whether we are stressed or overdoing it because we get in comfort zones and habits. Alternate nostril breathing and drinking plenty of water (no colder than room temperature) are great friends to help healthy brain balance. I can explain why if anyone is interested.....?

yes please do? Since ttc my cycle has gone the opposite...longer....it was 28days bang on for the forst 4 months then it keeps getting longer and longer, this month i didnt ovulate until cd23 :(

any advice would be brilliant xx

I think the same thing happened to me as well. Usually my cycles are 27-28 days and I ovulate around Day 13-14. Around the time of ovulation or one day before it I get abdominal cramps. This time I had a very light period lasting 3 days with proper flow only on day 2. Around day 10 I got the cramps and I had an OPT. So whether I am pregnant or get AF in 14 days, my cycle length would be around 24 days which is very unusual for me. I think it must be the stress of TTC which has shortened the cycle.

thank u all very very much

@JaneJohnson yes my cycles were always 29 days and I am 27 years old.Yes it could be about stress. I am very stressfull about ttc and my job and everything else :dohh: I'll try to drink much more water. Thanx

@kettle28 lets stay in touch . lots of baby dust to you:dust:

@vava2 I hope you are pregnant :hugs: Its very unusual for me too

Water is important because dehydration affects the brain. Dehydration affects body temperature and the hypothalamus is the temperature regulator. The hypothalamus governs follicular phase hormone activity and can be sensitive.

Dehydration causes stress and depression. Depression leads to stress reactions. Dehydration also affects body fluid balance and blood so making sure you are properly hydrated is a basic must. A good tip is to to drink a pint of water with some lemon juice added to balance the pH (good for your stomach) and tastes good too. My experience is that if you get that first pint in early then you actually want more during the delay whereas if you delay then it's easy to go the whole day and not drink much. Keep an eye on your wee and keep it light by drinking water (room temp or warmer if possible).

Drinking plenty of water is a win-win because even if dehydration is not an issue for your fertility or even if you are dehydrated but solving the dehydration does not change things for you... being properly hydrated means you don't age prematurely, your skin stays good and your body works better.
Dr F. Batmanghelidj has written a famous book called "Your bodies many cries for water" examining the way dehydration causes many illnesses in the body.
Being properly hydrated would benefit everyone.

Women are sensitive to their environment during the follicular phase. Ideally we should "nest and rest" in the days from cessation of the period to ovulation like a mother hen. The hypothalamus governs important hormone activity in this first phase of the cycle and it can easily get upset by stress. Modern life is busy and relationships can causes us to worry and react. This is too far removed from the tranquil energy of a mother hen.

So how can we help ourselves to embrace our mother hen aspect of our femininity? What's required is to stimulate the parasympathetic part of our nervous system. We're often using the other part - the sympathetic nervous system, the fight-flight response, too much. A great way to balance the nervous system is alternate nostril breathing. It is a very simple breathing exercise. I wrote a blog on it. I have it in a blog but understandably this forum will only let me put a web ref in after I have participated in 10 posts. I will be happy to email the link to anyone who is interested. You could also look up the exercise on YouTube.

Women are sensitive to their environment during the follicular phase. Ideally we should "nest and rest" in the days from cessation of the period to ovulation like a mother hen. The hypothalamus governs important hormone activity in this first phase of the cycle and it can easily get upset by stress. Modern life is busy and relationships can causes us to worry and react. This is too far removed from the tranquil energy of a mother hen.

So how can we help ourselves to embrace our mother hen aspect of our femininity? What's required is to stimulate the parasympathetic part of our nervous system. We're often using the other part - the sympathetic nervous system, the fight-flight response, too much. A great way to balance the nervous system is alternate nostril breathing. It is a very simple breathing exercise. I wrote a blog on it. I have it in a blog but understandably this forum will only let me put a web ref in after I have participated in 10 posts. I will be happy to email the link to anyone who is interested. You could also look up the exercise on YouTube.

thanks alot
i have very long cycles, wat do u think i can do to make it shorter and if its annovolatory do u think i can do something
i am not very much into taking meds so i want to tackle it with herbs etc

Holistic medicines/therapies should be prescribed according to individual situation. It's all about the CAUSE rather than the SYMPTOMS (e.g.. long cycles). Saying that, acupuncture is a very good method for stimulating ovulation. Chinese herbs good first line treatment for taking the cause of the ovulation issue. Fertility Charting can reveal more closely your issues. Do you chart?

yes i have started it for a month now n seems i m yo-yo ing btw 97-96

If you have a few weeks of temps I can look at them and give u some feedback if you like. I'll need to convert to C. Do you live in the USA?

Hi, I know this post started a while ago but it came up in google search so I just had to reply! I've been ttc for 3 months now and my cycles have always been 28 days spot on, since ttc I have had one at 25 days, one at 23 days and now one at 21 days. Did you ever find out what was causing your cycles to shorten?
👼💋💞

I came off the pill 8 months ago as I'm ttc, the first 3 months my period went from a 28DC up to 34 dayDC which was regular up until today which is cycle day 31. Any clues on why my cycle is now shortening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"