My daily paranoid pregnant person thread.

N

NicolaWynne

Hi Ladies :flower:

Is it normal for my baby to be kicking low down at 29 weeks? Today and past few days i havent had any high up kicks, they have all been down around my pelvic area.

I also officially feel like a failure, the third trimester tiredness has got me already :( i was hoping to last a bit longer than this... im so sleepy :sleep: everyone keeps telling me i look tired- what they really mean is "you look like crap" :thumbup:

I still dont have my urine results either, i go for a wee, wipe, wash my hands, and then i need to go again. So i try go and i either cant go or a tinnyyyy little bit comes out. My last urine showed protein but it came back "clear"? I really think i have a UTI... Yummy.

Thanks for listening to my daily troubles :haha:

Ps. My back is in agony!! Sitting at a computer desk in work all day is not good!!

Depends on babys position. I get them low and high : / and everyone deals with it differently, you're not a failure at all xxxx

either it could be punchin or baby could have flipped breech. still plenty of room for them to move around at 29 week stage so don't worry.

re the suspected UTI - get back to the GP and say it is not getting better to get a retest. sometimes there is not enough bacteria for it to be detected at first.

i had a UTI at 16 weeks and it took three goes to show up but i knoew it was there. if you have an infection it will be adding to the tiredness too.

take care -pregnanacy is hard! x

Hmm maybe the UTI is affecting the tiredness, didnt think of that, thanks.

Also, is it true that a UTI can cause pre-term labour?

it could eventually but from what my GP said you would need to have had it for weeks undetected and it would need to be really strong. that is why we are routinely check at midwife to stop anything getting that far. i don't think you need to worry about that as long as you get it sorted out.

Your tiredness could just be a dip in iron. I think levels often lower slightly around then which is why it's normally tested around the beginning of third tri. Sometimes levels pick up afterwards though. I had the same thing at the same stage and my iron was bordeline.
UTI's can cause labour too so if you're worried, get it checked.
You don't need to worry about baby's position too much yet.x

Your tiredness could just be a dip in iron. I think levels often lower slightly around then which is why it's normally tested around the beginning of third tri. Sometimes levels pick up afterwards though. I had the same thing at the same stage and my iron was bordeline.
UTI's can cause labour too so if you're worried, get it checked.
You don't need to worry about baby's position too much yet.x

Yeah i did think about the iron, i had my blood tests monday, waiting for my results :thumbup:

Im 27 weeks and my kicks are always low down. You are definitely not a failure. I have been exhausted since my bfp!!

In regards to the possible UTI thing, I was just reading yesterday that not only does the baby put pressure on the bladder, but the bladder gets pushed out of the way to make room for baby, and the way it gets pushed can sometimes cause it to be difficult to fully void your bladder. This does increase the risk of a UTI, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have a UTI. If you don't have any other symptoms of a UTI, I wouldn't worry about it being a UTI, and would probably just blame it on the baby's position.

Since 25+ weeks I've felt kicks low, and scan last week confirmed breech:( But from what I've heard that's not always the case.

I've also gone to the dr telling them that I felt I may have a UTI, and they said they thought I was dehydrated. So I try to drink as much water as I can, and it seems to have helped. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->