My daughter

KidneyBeans

Mother of 7 & expecting
Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I am fairy new to these boards. I have stalked 'em a bit and finally decided to join.

I have 7 beautiful children. All were healthy, until our last baby was born.

Our little Emmeline, our child whom we call dancing queen, suffered a stroke in utero. This caused many developmental delays we are still getting through, and she was diagnosed with sp*stic (they won't let me enter the word normally) diplegia at 4 months (spasms in the lower extremities with some spasms in the upper.)

She began rolling over at 10 months and still isn't crawling. Physical therapy has worked wonders on her though.

She has always responded in some way to music though, and that is why she is called dancing queen. Usually she'll just roll her head back and forth and move her arms like crazy when there is music. She still has a hard time sitting up, but when leaned against something, she'll flail around happily.

She has taken well to sign language, and can sign any basics she may need. She rarely has trouble controlling her arms or face, but sometimes it can happen. Those problems are getting fewer and fewer though.

She is a happy little girl, and doesn't usually notice that her legs aren't working properly. Sometimes she'll get frustrated when she can't reach something she needs or we can't understand her wants.

She has began dragging herself around though. I suppose her own variation of the army crawl, except her upper body does most of the work.

I'm glad I can share her story on here with others who have been or are in similar situations. A support group is a nice thing to have.

Thank you for sharing :hugs: I hopethe improvement continues

Your children have lovely names, KidneyBeans!

Thanks for sharing, i smiled when reading about your little ones improvement, its great that shes taken to sign language - and dancing queen, how sweet! :blush:

Your children have lovely names, KidneyBeans!

Thanks for sharing, i smiled when reading about your little ones improvement, its great that shes taken to sign language - and dancing queen, how sweet! :blush:

Aww, thank you :)

:hugs: She sounds like a wonderful little girl, hope she continues to improve and amaze everyone xx

Hi hun and welcome :hi:

Wow 7 gorgeous kidlings, and what an inspiration your little one sounds. It never ceases to amaze me the spirit some children have, I bet she will be bossing the others around in a few years, she sounds a wonderful little girl.

Hi hun and welcome :hi:

Wow 7 gorgeous kidlings, and what an inspiration your little one sounds. It never ceases to amaze me the spirit some children have, I bet she will be bossing the others around in a few years, she sounds a wonderful little girl.

Oh, you have no idea.

She already has a hold on all of us. Even the 4yo twins.

She sounds wonderful!!! <3 xxxx

She sounds like a wonderful little girl :cloud9: My little boy has a real thing about music too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->