• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My DH

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
He is very passive when it comes to the Subject of TTC. He doesnt really want to talk about it. He knows that I really want to get pregnant and we are trying. But up to know, he just doesnt talk about it. He doesnt want to hear when im ovulating, or see me take my temps or OPKs.....

But Im thinking that its finally catching up to him. The past few days now he has made a comment... the same one..... everytime he sees me play with our dogs or hears me sing to them (yes I sing to the dogs) He says.... You really need a baby. It doesnt sound so sweet when its typed out, but its how he says it and how he looks right in my eyes when he does. :cloud9:

I just wanted to share that. This new attatude from him will really help with our next steps in TTC.

Aww sweetheart, thats good to hear. Sometimes it's the tinest things that make a huge difference. :hugs:

I had a friend the other day tell me I was born to be a mother when I was holding her newborn - it was small comment but it really made my day :)

Awww... :hugs: to your hubby. That is sweet. Sometimes DH's can really make things better!

Aww what a sweetheart, men have away of totally changing randomly and makes your realize why you love them in the first place!

He's a keeper, definitely! You know men - can't live with them - then they do stuff like that so unexpectedly and you can't live without them!!

Hey Suz

Ah bless - that's what my DH is like!
When we first started TTC i think he agreed for my benefit rather than our benefit.
Now after trying for so long he really wants to be a dad. In a lot of ways the journey had made us 110% sure that it is what we want. He even told me he had chosen baby names which is some i NEVER thought i would hear him utter!!

:hugs:

Awwwww. I think for us long termers, the journey brings us closer to our OHs. I know it definitely has for me and dh.

Good luck hun

Ahh, my bloke is the same. He is quite passive too, similar in the context that he doesn't particularly want to hear or read about my CM. but sent me the other day a message wit baby names on and it broke my heart because I know he wants kids but where i'm on here all the time, he doesn't particularly talk about it in as much as asking me whther my CM is EG or if my temps dipped yet and he doesn't like to know what days i'm ovulating because he feels the pressure of having to "perform" lol!

but lately I know he probably thinks about it as much as I do, jst little things like sending the names text and talking about wanting to have a picture taken when i'm pg. (wants a picture of me lying on my back with a big wooly jumper on with it pull up showing a hugh bump and him in a press up position kissing my tummy)

He also said he would want a tattoo for all milestones of my pg like date concieved, BFP announcement date, scans, first kick etc etc and the last entry being the babys name, weight and DOB

and it's just those little things that make me think how much WE want this.

I'd love to be writing xmas cards this year and announcing my BFP in that! like Love Natalie Steve and Bean/Bump etc

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

That's really sweet :cloud9: Glad he's getting on board with you

It didn't "get to" my OH until we hit 12 months. Before that he had been easy going, not arsed, not really bothered either way. Now, he takes his multi vitamins, his Ginseng, and he asks me when is a 'bad time' to have a drink.

He got quite drunk at his friend's stag do and came home quite emotional, telling me that he wants a baby, now, and he is tired of waiting.

Needless to say I burst into tears and said, that's how I've felt for years...

That's lovely hun :) Things will be easier for you if he's more supportive xx

i am so glad for you Suz...:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"