My doc was so cruel. :(

lesh07

mum of 5. Preg with no 6
Reaction score
Well ladies feeling so upset! I went to the doc's today due to 2 days of agony from I am guessing ovulation? And after speaking to the doc about the length of time it has taken for us to conceive the past 2 babies (4th - 33 months, 5th - 28 months) and what with us already in our 8th month I was hoping for some advice or her saying that after 1 year-ish she might look into to testing to check everything is okay. Instead she said "that sometimes the body just has enough and maybe we should think about being happy with the 5 kids we have and give up on the idea of another one"!!!! I know the body can get tired etc....But I can't believe she could be so rude she won't even consider testing either my hubby or myself because we have 5 kids so obviously we can conceive....YES but what about the 2-3 years ttc every time or my cycles being all over the place. Something could be up but she won't even consider it!

I know how incredibly lucky i am to have 5 when some women struggle to conceive their 1st but my heart still aches for more. And I am only 30.

I have never cried so much in my life...I was on my own too. xxx

That is awful! I cannot believe a doctor would tell you that! I'm sorry :(

Thankyou. I just feel so heartbroken. I do feel like we will be able to have another but i was just concerned over the length and my cycles are anywhere between 24-32 days. But its only been the past year since having my son. I used to be a bang on the dot every 28 day girl. So something must be wrong. :(

Omg, what crap! :growlmad: . That's a blatant judgement call on how big she thinks your family should be and that's not her job. Unless I had a close relationship with my doc and this was something we could talk through and/or he/she provided services I wasn't able to find anywhere else, I would fire her in a heartbeat and find myself a different provider! If my provider feels like this is a line they can step over with me then in what other areas will they feel like they can bully/shame/coerce me? Unacceptable IMO...

What a cow!! It doesn't matter if you already have 1, 5 or 10 kids!! :hugs:
can you change doctors? If that was me id go see someone else, someone who will take you seriously & doesn't judge!!

Seriously- I would have went off on her - i had a nurse tell me that - and it was totally irrelevant to the situation. I wanted to rip her eyes out but I was in shock that she even had the nerve to say what she personally felt - I agree with everyone else- Change your provider-

I would not worry love- my cycles used to be all over the place thoughout my life- i got on BC to regulate it a few times and as soon as I came off- I was pregnant- It could just be something so minor- because you have the ability to concieve- i dont think its a fertility issue- It can be something that a change in "diet" or even exercise or vitamins can help. I had an excellent ob/gyn back home and he said sometimes the womans reproductive system needs a "tune up" like a restart- I was like huh- comparing me to a car eey? But he told me and a friend of mine that-he was right. I mean think about it- thats normal with the human body period. My cycle was 28-32 or 28-35 days -
This may be a silly question but do you temp,chart opk? I found out my ov date range - so I know I have a fertile week to get busy- so far - no luck out of sheer laziness lol. Oh- Also I took red meat out of my diet and limited my intake of starches and sugars, took out a lot of the fried foods and limited my salt and for the past 9 cycles I have been 28-30 days with 30 being a fluke.
But hold your head up and dont be discouraged- YOUR BODY IS NOT TIRED MY LOVE!!!! Dont believe her foolishness! I have 7 and my doc is like why not one more? ; ) And thats coming from a man LOL- You have as many as you want!!!! You have a family and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!

She isn't there to pass personal judgement on ur life choices she is there to give u medically backed theories and only when they medical tests render nothing. I would put in a complaint about her she has no right to tell u how many children to have.

For some ppl a big family is the only way to go and they love it and couldn't imagine anything else. As iv just said to someone else, just because u already have kids it doesn't make u any less deserving of a child than a childless couple. Screw her get a second opinion x

You poor thing! It is NOT that doctors job to tell you any of her unmedical related opinions. I would get another doctor ASAP :) good luck

Thankyou so much ladies for all your kind words and support. Hubby has decided that we are going to refer ourselves straight over to the fertility clinic to see what they say. If they can't do anything then hubby has found a site where we can buy clomid to help produce healthier eggs and guarentee ovulation. x

I can't believe doctors sometimes. I remember seeing one while I was in uni because I was struggling with the beginnings of an eating disorder, and her response was 'Well looking at you, it's probably doing you good'...!!!!! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK.

Don't pay any attention to that miserable cow. If you were an older lady with 5 children, say in her 40s, I can *kind of* understand why she might *think* something like that...but still, don't friggin' SAY it. Jesus.

:hugs:

How horrible - switch and write a review about her and your experience online!

I can't believe doctors sometimes. I remember seeing one while I was in uni because I was struggling with the beginnings of an eating disorder, and her response was 'Well looking at you, it's probably doing you good'...!!!!! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK.

Don't pay any attention to that miserable cow. If you were an older lady with 5 children, say in her 40s, I can *kind of* understand why she might *think* something like that...but still, don't friggin' SAY it. Jesus.

:saywhat: The hell?! Good majority of these medical "professionals" need some friggin' empathy/honing your people skills classes, something! WTF is wrong with these folks?! ](*,)

Wow that's really bad hun. :hugs:

I agree that if i was in my mid 40's and had 5 and was coming to the end of the fertile stage then you could understand why she would think that but yes you still would never say it. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->