My doctor told me he will induce me at 38 weeks if my SPD gets worse...would you...

Hi,
I have very severe SPD for a second time and knowing exactly what the pain is like, I would say if you feel that you are unable to cope with it then go for it. If you are worried you are not ready at all, ask them to check your cervix.
It could be 4 weeks not 2 like you say, and dealing with this pain for 4 weeks may sound easy, but as all of the ladies with SPD will tell you - it is like a lifetime!!
If I had the option to be induced this time I would, but I am booked for section on 22nd July xx

I WAS INDUCED TWICE DUE TO SEVERE SPD-ONCE AT 39+6 ,ONCE AT 37+5(also said baby had stopped growing this time).oops sorry caps lock!.
The inductions were lengthy and even though the 37+5 induction was my 6th child,it took 3 days-he just wasn't ready.He hadn't stopped growing i don't think-was told he would be roughly 5lb,he was 8lb 1!.The spd was agony though,so can sympathise-its getting bad this time too.I would rather not be induced again if I can help it as I have had heavy bleeding when induced,but having said all that its a very personal decision.(hugs)

I have had 3 inductions, all straight forward with happy healthy babies. I admit, induction raises the risk of complications in labour. But I'm concerned about the amount of scare posts here. Whilst its very important we all acknowledge the increased risk, a decision like this needs careful consideration.

Hanging on for another 2 weeks has its own 'complications' It is likely you will be taking strong pain killers, be unable to mobilise, with your body under severe stress due to pain and quality of life. This also is no good for mother and baby.

I have the opportunity also, but I also have gestational diabetes, and very large baby with the severe SPD. Its a tough one, I'm just saying quality of life is one factor that you shouldn't feel guilty about when weighing up you decision.

:hugs: x

Hi hun I'm in the same boat and suffer bad with SPD I had it in my last preg and got it in this one before I even knew I was preg....my consultant has offied me an inducetion at 38/39 wks which I have agreed to as now it's got so bad,every day that passes...I'm due to c consultant on Wednesday for a date!I have bn induced before an i dnt find it bad at all...good luck Hun an keep us posted wot u decide!

there's always a chance you'll go into labour before then, too. 37 weeks is considered full term (or at least it is here) and the 40 week "due date" is only supposed to be a guideline, so that the doctors/midwife has a general idea what to expect when baby does come.

ah you lucky thing - not for having bad spd but for having it bad enough to get induced early :)

Given the amount of pain and stress my SPD is causing me if I were given the opportunity to be induced at 38 weeks I'd probably jump at it.

As other ladies have said unless you've suffered it no one can ever really understand how debilitating it can be. Mines not helped by the fact I live in a first floor flat so I have to go up and down stairs to go outside and most days the pain is just too bad to try so I end up feeling like a prisoner. And then there is the joy if we take co-codadmol for it!

That said I would possibly wait and see if cervix was favourable and opt for a sweep and see where it went from there. It's totally your choice hun x

I hope you come to a decision you are happy with-I have been induced 4 times,twice due to the spd.My consultant is willing to induce early again despite the issues I've had,not sure what i'm doing yet as its early days for me.
My babies are 42 weekers naturally(this is my 9th and the 4 that weren't induced were 11-15 days over) so i think this is what makes the inductions so long,they just aren't ready-but you may well be ready earlier.The spd pain is horrific,i ended up being given morphine and still felt it,yet have given birth with no pain relief,so it was bad!.I agree that being unable to function for so long and in pain is not something you can just get on with-both mother and baby need consideration. (hugs)

Me? no. my SPD was awful i was stuck in the house with an 18 month old but for all of a few weeks it was worth it(we did get out on DHs days off)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->