My ectopic :(

leannejkl

Reaction score
tuesday just gone i had emergancy surgery for ectopic.

when i done a preg test two weeks before i was posting on here as they was faint but they did get darker but not much, i kept taking tests wanting them to get darker but they never got as dark as they should have so i knew something was up but not sure what. then i had muddy brown water discharge and cramping but not loads. i went to the EPU at 5weeks pregnant and had blood tests and scan.

the scan showed nothing in my womb and my HGC was 200 i knew i was 5 weeks and they should have seen at least a tiny sac so i knew i had lost the baby.

they said it might be to early and to come bk two days later for more bloods. ectopic was not mentioned and was not told to look out for anything.

i had a lot more of the brown muddy 'blood' and decided ok the baby has defo gone so no point going for more bloods to upset myself more so i did not go.

the nurse rang and asked why i did not go for more bloods i told her why and she said as there is no bright red blood there might still be a chance so i should have them done it was too late to go that day and it was weekend and bank holiday so i should go tuesday morning she said.

over the weekend more cramps and muddy brown blood no pain on one said but cramps and i knew this pregnancy had 'gone'.

on monday night i had some fresh blood so i said to my friend well its defo gone now so no point going for bloods tomorrow. at 3am the cramps got bad like really bad wind. i could not stand up straight and any movment hurt.

they eased of a little and by 9am they was back really bad again and i knew i need to go hospital. when i went for a wee my belly killed me so did sitting and standing up. i even posted on here to try to get some advice on what to do.

i got my daughters dad to come get her and i layed down, i decided it was just bad wind and i wil try to sleep it off. when i layed down all my right side was so painfull and if felt like i was being stabbed in the top of my sholder when i took a breath in, i relised i was not going to be able to sleep this pain off so called a friend to come to the EPU with me at 10.30am.

when i got to the recption i told them i was in extreme pain and needed to be seen.

i got seen 3 hours later after waiting in pain that was getting worse, the dr said i needed a scan to see what was going on but there is no one to scan me so i should stay in. she left to speak to her boss i told my friend i was going home no point being here if they aint gonna see whats wrong but the dr came back and said her boss will scan me as my bloods came back at 401 they was 200 a week ago.

i could not lay down proper for the scan as the pain was so bad but i did not need to for long as soon as they put the scan on me they all started shouting about full of blood and clots then i was took to theater and they took all the blood out and tube and baby :(.

when i came round i was crying bad and could not stop did not know why. i was took to a ward wher the nurses in front of me kept saying 'why is she so upset' i left an hour later 2 hours after surgery.

i am still in shock.

I am so so sorry :(

Its just the worse thing any woman should have to go through. Its upsetting about your tube also but lots of women only have 1 tube and they have lots of babies :) keep hope huni and let yourself recover then try again if you wish xx

hugs xx

Oh Leanne,

I am so sorry to read your story and sorry to hear about your loss.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and going through some blood test at the moment as the pregnancy is not viable and it may be an ectopic one.

You should have seen by a doctor straight away and not left there waiting. Really bad stomach pain is a sign that you are having internal bleeding and the shoulder tip pain, it's another sign that it's an ectopic pregnancy.

Ectopic pregnacy if not treated straight away can be life threatening as you bleed internally.
They are difficult to see when you are only 5/6 weeks pregnant but doct should have at least mentioned the possibility of having one when you did the first scan.

Did they mentioned if the other tube is ok? I am really sorry for your loss of your tube and baby.

There is a thread here called one tube and lots of the girls got pregnant again. It may make you feel a bit better if you read their stories.

:hugs::hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss. The exact same thing happened to me in february except it was my left tube. It is a terrible thing to happen. I am so so sorry, inbox me if u have any questions about anything related xx

I am so sorry for your traumatic experience and loss. I had an ectopic pregnancy one year ago and it was so scary and traumatic as everything (the surgery stuff) happens so quick. I had my left tube removed. I hope you have supportive family around you. What a foolish thing to say, 'why is she so upset?' Maybe because she has lost her baby. Duh. Sorry you had to put up with that. x

Im sorry for your loss, I am going through the same exact thing. I was six weeks thought everything was going fine went in for my blood work everything was looking good. Outta no where on saturday I started with this awful what I thought was gas pain that later intensified to horrible lower belly pain and left side pain. I was rushed to the hopsital to find out that HCG was 1900 and they could not see anything in my uterus but saw what they thought was a cyst near my left tube. I was given the option of getting the metho shot or surgery. Opted for the shot. But then had a small amount of brown thick bleeding for a day, then yesterday outta no where came the chills, fever, should pain, and neausea. Went back in the ED for them to later admit me and tell me that I may need surgery in the morning. SOO long story short they decided to send me home because my white blood count was not elevated. Then opted to perform surgery to remove my left ube in the AM. Im feeling very emothional bout this because I had a tubal reversal in MArch of this year to have a baby, now Im having one tube taken away. and to make it worst it was my longer tube, which decreases my chances even more of ever conceiving. This is definately a sad day for me as I knw tomar will be even sadder. All I wanted was to be a mommy again:cry::cry::nope::nope:

Oh pileggigirl, so sorry to hear your story and what you had to go through.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->