My experience of the First trimester

icklemonster

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be off to join 2nd tri, although I'm sure I'll still be having a good look in here and offering some comments.

Before I go though I wanted to explain how I have found the 1st tri to hopefully put some minds at ease with things I have often posted on in here.

Pregnant immediately after miscarriage

I started off by finding out I was pregnant in March which sadly ended in MC at 5 weeks. I read a lot online and spoke to my doc and was told I was fine to start ttc straightaway and that I may be more fertile. We got to it and on 2nd May I got a very faint positive - before even having an AF. I can only believe I was more fertile and I have had no probs up until now being pregnant again other than it being difficult to date my pregnancy early on.

Disappearing sore boobs
The ONLY symptom I had between 3+4 to 5+0 weeks was sore boobs. At 5+1 weeks my sore boobs disappeared and I was petrified I would MC again. I kept jumping up and down and running up the stairs to check they still hurt a little. Everything was fine :flower:

Trapped gas and Pregnacare
Towards the end of week 5, I woke up in the middle of the night with the worst stomach cramps imaginable (worse than original MC pains) and I was convinced it was all over. It transpired it was trapped gas. The trapped gas kept coming and going over 4 days and it was AWFUL. I was doubled over in pain, with only Rennie Deflatine (miracle tablets) to save me. Luckily my best mate said it might be the Pregnacare and to try just Folic Acid and Vit D. Thankfully she was right, the trapped gas stopped a couple of days after the Pregnacare! If you're feeling awful try coming off it for 3 days and see if you improve.

Morning sickness
At 6 weeks, I still had relatively few symptoms and was getting very concerned as lots of people with tickers reading the same as mine were complaining of sickness. I should have been grateful as at 6+2 weeks the terrible nausea set in. It was controllable as long as I ate every 2 hours, by week 7 I was having to eat every 15 minutes. I was sooooo hungry!

Early scan
At 7 weeks we booked an early scan which was so reassuring. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is nervous. The sonographer said the chance of MC goes right down after seeing a HB :)

All symptoms completely disappearing
For 3 days from 8+2 - 8+5 weeks all my symptoms COMPLETELY disappeared. After feeling so poorly the week before I massively panicked and only read things saying it was bad to lose all symptoms. I immediately booked another private scan.....the morning after paying the deposit the symptoms came back with a vengence :dohh:

Dates being slightly out on scan
So as we paid the deposit we thought we may as well go and see little bean again at a second scan. This time the sonographer wasn't nearly as chatty and friendly and told me I was measuring 8+6 (when I should have been 9+1). She also mentioned she couldn't see a yolk sac but she probably would if she did an internal which she didn't deem nescessary. Of course I spent hours researching both online even though she said everything looked great. Google is not my friend. :blush: When we went for 12 week scan lil bean had caught up by the 2 days and we were measuring correctly again for due date of 12th Jan :thumbup:

End in sight for morning sickness
Week 9 was terrible for nausea, although through weeks 10 until date I have good and bad days but now don't massively panic if I'm having a good day.

I just wanted to share this with you all as I have found 1st tri scary for so many reasons, and must say I still feel nervous now, but just wanted to let you know my experience in case it helps any of you. All the best :hugs:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this for us! Best of luck in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. You made it through the crazy 1st trimester! :happydance:

thank you so much for takng the time to address some of your concerns, which are likely most of ours!

if you dont mind, how did you date your pregnancy before your first ultrasound? I had a D&C april 20th and found out i was pregnant on june 15....i think i know when i may have ovulated. just wondering how you predicted yours.

What a fabulous post, thank you so much for sharing with all of us in the nerve wracking first tri. See you in second tri next week :cloud9:

Thank you so much for sharing all of this. It made me feel so much better! I do keep worrying about this and that, but even just reading that after seeing a heartbeat the risk of MC goes down, I was incredibly relieved!

It's so nice to hear the positive (and negative! there must be balance!) experiences from someone who's just a few weeks ahead. Much more reassuring... and Dr Google?!? Trouble with a capital T!

Thank you again :)

What a lovely post :) Gives us a lot of reassurance.... I had the awful cramps last night, like period pains (they were really bad, makes me scared for labour again...). I also don't have many symptoms either..... Which I am happy about, but it worries me at the same time....

No probs at all ladies :) xxx

Think Positiv - I had a 1.5 week window when I knew I must have got pregnant as to when I got my faint positive BFP. From everything I read on here faint positives appear from 7DPO to 17DPO, so I booked my first scan when I knew I'd be between 6.5 weeks and 8 weeks. I was dated at the scan a 7+1 so then worked out all dates in my pregnancy diary from then. It was also the date I thought I may have got pregnant as it was my Mums bday party and we had quite a bit of drink and too much fun when we got home ;) I would highly recommend keeping a pregnancy diary btw. It's so handy to refer back to - there was a free one given in my Mum-to-be pack if you're in the UK :) xxx

No probs at all ladies :) xxx

Think Positiv - I had a 1.5 week window when I knew I must have got pregnant as to when I got my faint positive BFP. From everything I read on here faint positives appear from 7DPO to 17DPO, so I booked my first scan when I knew I'd be between 6.5 weeks and 8 weeks. I was dated at the scan a 7+1 so then worked out all dates in my pregnancy diary from then. It was also the date I thought I may have got pregnant as it was my Mums bday party and we had quite a bit of drink and too much fun when we got home ;) I would highly recommend keeping a pregnancy diary btw. It's so handy to refer back to - there was a free one given in my Mum-to-be pack if you're in the UK :) xxx

ok - thanks so much! i know there are 3 days we may have gotten pregnant...and like you, the one i think it was, lots of wine was consumed and we were on vacation! haha.. hotel fun!

so if i use the day i got my BFP say as 10DPO.....then do i count till today and then add 2 weeks?

Sorry to ignite an old post by myself, but I now highly recommend everyone should write one of these to refer back to if you ever get pregnant again. I'm so pleased I just found this post!

I had a memory of having really strong symptoms from my BFP with DD but my memory must have been well off and according to this effective diary insert, this was not the case. I have been panicking all week that I'd lost my sore boobs for week 5 (I even posted about it earlier in week!) but I now see this happened last time round to the exact day. :dohh: I was also sure I felt nauseous from my BFP with DD, but nope according to my post this didn't happen until week 6!

Moral of story - pregnancy must do crazy things to your memory, so best to keep a record as what you remember happening. I usually have an amazing memory, I need it for my job, but something must have gone funny those first few weeks :wacko:

Sorry to ignite an old post by myself, but I now highly recommend everyone should write one of these to refer back to if you ever get pregnant again. I'm so pleased I just found this post!

I had a memory of having really strong symptoms from my BFP with DD but my memory must have been well off and according to this effective diary insert, this was not the case. I have been panicking all week that I'd lost my sore boobs for week 5 (I even posted about it earlier in week!) but I now see this happened last time round to the exact day. :dohh: I was also sure I felt nauseous from my BFP with DD, but nope according to my post this didn't happen until week 6!

Moral of story - pregnancy must do crazy things to your memory, so best to keep a record as what you remember happening. I usually have an amazing memory, I need it for my job, but something must have gone funny those first few weeks :wacko:

Great original post.. great idea.. and congratulations on another pregnancy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->