My experiment of OPKs as HPTs. HPT ADDED PLZ LOOK

jenlouise

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I did post this in the ovulation questions part but no one really seems to be in there so thought i would post this here :flower:

Well as i have way too much time on my hands :haha: i have deciced to use my left over OPKs as HPTs as i have heard of other ladies doing this. Now i know that you cant trust this 100% and if i thought i was infact preg i would use a test, so dont worry ladies. Im also doing it to help me pass the TWW Now i will test every morning with FMU untill A/F gets me or till i get BFP ( Very wishful thinking) I am intrested to see how the sticks change when near A/F or infact becoming pregnant.

I would say i am around 9/10 DPO but cant be 100% as i didnt get these tests in time, so just going on CM. I will also add that on every day i have tested i have also tested 2 days per day/ 1 in afternoon and 1 in eveing and all i have got is very very very faint lines. here is the tests so far.....

Attachments

• P1100873-1.jpg
    P1100873-1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 162
OPKs also recognize HCG as well as LH. But OPKs are no where near as sensitive as HPTs, so I would still test with a HPT is AF is late.

Hi hun.
I used an opk Sept 2010 when I missed Af day after And I got Dark line like the control line I didnt use them before I missed tho, so I could be a fainter line getting darker?? I did go out and get a htp tho after to confim I was preg!
I take a HTP wen ur due AF or you still can try opk they worked for mee ! :hugs:

hey guys If i am late i will take a HPT test dont worry lol The only reason im doing this is i have seen so many posts about ladies asking about lines they get on ovulation test during different times of their cycles, I also seen other people do this experiment and used a Ovulation test untill A/F was due and when they got their BFP you could infact see the lines getting darker, so im just seeing if thats what i get if i am indeed pregnant x

Its deffo a good idea tho! To see the changes and what out come.. comes! :thumbup: Keep us updated! x

i have way too much time on my hands lol, ive heard OPK sticks can go postive near the time of A/F 2,so that be intresting to see what happens x

That's what I am doing too! I started doing it at 8 dpo to keep off the hpt, but didn't help as I already tested today (bfn) This morning's test was pretty dark though, so hoping it's a good sign but not holding my breath!

That's what I am doing too! I started doing it at 8 dpo to keep off the hpt, but didn't help as I already tested today (bfn) This morning's test was pretty dark though, so hoping it's a good sign but not holding my breath!

im glad im not the only one hun, post your piccys! :flower: so we can compare. I also thought doing OPKs might help the POAS urge lol so far i havent used a HPT and will only do so if im late. Good luck chick :thumbup:

im glad im not the only one hun, post your piccys! :flower: so we can compare. I also thought doing OPKs might help the POAS urge lol so far i havent used a HPT and will only do so if im late. Good luck chick :thumbup:

Here was my pic from today with my opks so far and my bfn from this morning.
https://i53.tinypic.com/123o08h.jpg

It could mean nothing, but it is sooo much cheaper than hpt.....I'm not getting my hopes up too much this month, , and the bfn brought me back down to reality!!

It could mean nothing, but it is sooo much cheaper than hpt.....I'm not getting my hopes up too much this month, , and the bfn brought me back down to reality!!

wow hun they do look good! good luck chick. They are defo dark!!

Hello:flower:
Just curious about your experiment- I'm often meaning to do the same but always go so crazy with the OPK's over O that I never have any left:blush:

ttcmikeandme I can see a line on your hpt? Is it an evap? But on my screen it looks pink.:happydance: They are some dark opks but they do say they get darker near AF, I'll be back to see the outcome...
Goodluck:thumbup: and :dust:

erm... i can see a pink faint line in you'bfn' picture wasnt intil i read it that i read it was a bfn... i thought you ssaid ur opk's followed by bfp on a frer.... :shrug:

morning ladies ,
This morning tests....

To be honest i think im out as yesterday and this morning i have had a tiny amount if brown spotting, also i have done 2 OPKS tests this morning as the test i did with FMU seemed a little lighter so i did another test with my 2nd wee of the AM,and that one did seem darker then the 1st one but not darker then yesterdays??? xx

Attachments

• bump it.jpg
    bump it.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 136
The green testers have a sensitivity of around 15 ml right? what is the pregnancy tests sensitivity? I'm really hoping for you. Spotting is ok. :dust:

This is a great experiment.. I will keep an eye on this thread to see the outcome

Good Luck ladies :flower:

I see a faint line on the FRER!!! Deffo a faint +ve there hun!!

x

The green testers have a sensitivity of around 15 ml right? what is the pregnancy tests sensitivity? I'm really hoping for you. Spotting is ok. :dust:

hey chick, the ones im using are 20.Thanks for the kind wishes will keep posting pics untill the end xx

here is my update: My opk is green, the blue is an IC cheaper, I swear there is a pink bfp there today, it came up within 3 minutes. I won't get my hopes up yet until tomorrow and I'll retest, but even my opk seems darker........

https://i51.tinypic.com/k4bfiq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->