My First Cycle with an RE - Anyone Else?

jenny9276

Mother of 3 TTC #4
Reaction score
I am trying to understand my hormone levels - this is our first natural cycle with timed intercourse monitored by an RE.

I have irregular cycles and Graves Disease (hyperthyroid).

CD49
Follicles: 14.4, 15.6
E2: 98
Prog: .4
FSH: 58 (down from 90 in may, my doc isn't concerned with FSH levels)

CD51 (yesterday morning)
Follicles: 15.6, 20.7
E2: 94
Prog: .4
LH: 36 (normally it is high, back in May it was 60)
FSH: down to 52

Last night I noticed a small, pulsating twinge of pain - similar to the discomfort caused by the transvaginal u/s wand pressing on your ovary. This morning, I noticed the same twinge on the other side. Is this ovulation pain? I never quite knew what that should feel like. We dtd last night, as we are on an every other day protocol.

I know the progesterone level means I haven't ovulated yet. Is it possible that my E2 was low because the larger follicle is empty, and the 15.6 isn't mature yet? Is the slight dip in levels with the rise of LH indicative that ovulation was about to occur? Or are my hormones yet again playing with my hopes? Everything I've read says that your E2 primes your uterine lining for implantation before ovulation, after ovulation, progesterone takes over. My lining on CD49 was 9mm, and I've read anything over 8mm is good. Please someone help me understand. Would love to compare notes with others being monitored!

Hi saw your post in pregnancy test page. I'll copy my response here

So your fsh level is premenopausal. You may not ovulate. Your follicle maybe empty. Your LH also indicated premenopausal levels. It's higher than seen with a normal LH surge. What's bad here is that your LH is higher than 20 (seen right at ovulation or premenopausal) and your progesterone indicates you haven't ovulated. Nor does your estrogen. It's about 200-600 for mature egg so at those levels it indicates there is not an egg ready. Your follicles may be empty considering your e2 hasn't risen and it's actually lower today than it was.

But your re knows what is best and what those values mean specifically to you. You say he isn't concerned with a level of 58 so I would go by what your re says. Which that level means your ovarian function is greatly diminished therefore your body is trying to make them work by sending out more fsh. All you can do is bd now and have everything rechecked in a few days to check progress. I imagine since your fsh is already substantially higher than normal you will need more higher LH levels to trigger ovulation. It seems the larger follicle is growing but not the smaller one really. But again those e2 levels indicate the follicle isn't nature. Good luck with things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->