My first ever BFP after nearly 3.5 years LTTTC - IVF donor embryo

silverbell

Adopted Little Pink :)
Reaction score
I remember joining BnB and visiting this board a lot during my period of WTT and the first year of TTC.

The past couple of years I haven't ventured on this board because it's been too painful but I always vowed I'd return and share my good news if it happened because most of the announcements on here are not from LTTTC-ers and it does get a bit disheartening for the long-termers not to see as many BFPs coming and going.

So after nearly 3 and a half years (with 6 failed donor sperm IUIs and 2 failed donor sperm IVFs), and our first IVF attempt with a donor embryo (both donor egg and donor sperm), I finally got a positive pregnancy test this morning.

We are over the moon and after all this time I can't believe we're now discussing our own pregnancy and our own future as family. We really and truly never thought it would happen after so many disappointments. I know we're very early days, but we're praying for a healthy 8.5 months.

To the LTTTC-ers in particular, don't give up! I know how easy it is to just feel like you've given all you can give and I would always think it would never happen to me, but it really did happen to me today and I honestly feel like the luckiest lady alive. I just wish all ladies TTC could get their :bfp: without any of the crap beforehand which so many of us seem to have to go through.

Keep the faith and good luck to all ladies TTC. Remember I once read this board and thought I'd never be posting on it, but here I am :cloud9:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/silver_lycan/PREGNANT_zps3d5d3a6e.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!! I've seen you on Mirolee's thread. So happy for you!! :) We're due pretty close together, woohoo!!

That's such fantastic news Hun massive congratulations to u x x

Congratulations :) lovely news after your TTC journey

Absolutely wonderful news!!! The most congrats!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! Wow what a journey. I'm so happy for you. :)

That's great news! What a journey you've had! Congratulations!! :)

https://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/hakunamatata2012/Snapbucket/bnb/bfp_zps9feec02c.gif

Awesome!!! Thanks for coming back to share. Congrats!!! H&H 9+. Blessings!

CONGRATULATIONS.

I too am A LTTTC' er lol.
Just got my :bfp: this morning after a long and painful 3 years 8 months.
We had 2 blasts (1 hatching) transferred last tues so today is 7dp5dt.
Our fresh cycle was cancelled due to quite bad OHSS and this was our first FET.
Im super excited but know its early days so I dont wanna get my hopes up x

CONGRATULATIONS.

I too am A LTTTC' er lol.
Just got my :bfp: this morning after a long and painful 3 years 8 months.
We had 2 blasts (1 hatching) transferred last tues so today is 7dp5dt.
Our fresh cycle was cancelled due to quite bad OHSS and this was our first FET.
Im super excited but know its early days so I dont wanna get my hopes up x

Huge congratulations to you, MiasMum. :hugs:

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. I think it's probably worse as we've tried so hard to get just to this stage and by now we're used to disappointment. But for me I'm getting more excited as time is passing, despite my brain trying to tell me not to be. I think you just have to hope for the best and remember that most pregnancies turn out fine. Take advice from your profile pic - think positive :thumbup: xxxxx Enjoy it and I hope you have a happy and healthy 8.5 months xxx

---

Thank you for the congratulations everybody :cloud9:

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats silverbell and MiasMum!!! I love hearing these success stories!

LTTTC is such a long road! I recently got a my first BFP thanks to ICSI IVF. Week 7 scan is tomorrow and we hope to see a good heartbeat!

Again, congrats!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"