My First Sober Wedding!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by flower01, Aug 21, 2009.

1. flower01

flower01 Expecting Baby 3!!

i have to go to a wedding tomorrow, which i dont wana go to!
    it will be the first wedding i actually have to stay sober and put up with drunken wedding people all night!

At least we have an excuse to leave early! lol!

I actually just want to stay home and watch the X Factor! gutted!

lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. GersPrincess

GersPrincess Mummy of 3, soon to be 4!

Hopefully it wont be as bad as you think it will be! My sister was pregnant at her own wedding, but she still had a fab time.
    Hope you enjoy yourself x

3. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

I've got a wedding tomorrow too!

Shame I put the dress on I was hoping to wear this week and it wouldn't do up! Blub I don't get paid till Tuesday so I don't now if can afford to go buy anything else...not that there's a massive amount of maternity clothes in town anyway!!

Gaaaahh

4. Tyra86

Tyra86 Well-Known Member

i did a sober wedding last month. i realised people talk garbage after only a few wines really!! i left halfway through the evening do......the only good thing is you can eat loads of buffet and no one looks at you like ur a fat cow!!!

5. hancake100

hancake100 Mummy to a princess x

Awww good luck hun :dust:
    You might be ok when you get there, I have been out proper twice since being pregnant the 1st I got really tired and wanted to come home. But last week I was having such a good time I didnt want to leave and I think it was the OH that was getting tired, we didnt get in till about 3am in the end!! hehe Depends who your with I suppose! :rofl: hehe xxx

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

Me and th OH went to a wedding a few weeks back and it was surprisingly ok, but yeah I did get very tired and left before then end.

7. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

i had the same worries when i went to the one in canada, it was a young wedding full of youngsters and partying, a free bar and disco dj n everything, was basically like being in a nightclub at the party, anyways it was great!!! i had one GandT after all the food etc and i danced quite a lot, but i got a stitch ahha. it was really fun tho im sure youll have a great time!! ( and ill let you know what goes on on x factor!! ) x

8. morri

morri mom to one

lol people over here don't get overly drunk. xD they may have a glass of wine or two but thats it xD

9. MoonMuffin

MoonMuffin Mom of 2!

I have to go to a wedding next month, but my DH is the best man, so no leaving early for me. I hope you have fun though, and hopefully the food will be good, right? :D

10. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

I went to one at 14 weeks and made friends with the batman who showed me (very proudly) his repertoire of delicious non- alcoholic cocktails which was quite fun! Even hubby liked them when he tasted them! People telling the same story 4 times was dull though - and everyone with children wants to give you their little turds of wisdom - I just smiled and nodded and waited for them to sod off ! Xx