My First Ultrasound:)

seattlemama

Mommy & Pregnant!!
Reaction score
I had my first ultrasound yesterday, it was so amazing! I couldnt make out anything because Im not far enough along, but I could see the heart beating! I thought that was so amazing to see life inside of you, even if it doesnt look like a person yet. That babies heart beats at 128bpm, and by the measurements I am actually only 7 weeks instead of 8 like my other doctor said (I have a really irregular cycle so it was hard to guess...) I would post the picture but it just looks like a black oval shape (the amniotic sack) with a bean inside lol. It seems a little more real now though:)

Awww I had a scan at 7 weeks, 8 weeks & 12 weeks - we couldn't believe the difference at 12 weeks :shock:

Glad all went well :D

I had a scan at 8 weeks and I know exactly what you saw! It's such a serreal feeling isn't it? Hard to beleive that theres something alive in there. I'm still in awe!!!

I think it's seeing the little blinking heartbeat that changes everything!

:hugs:Awe! Congrats hun. Glad your scan went well....

congratulations... I love that first scan!

Very exciting!! I can not wait to have a scan, but I still have a while to go.

Its pretty amazing. Im sad that my next one isnt until 20 weeks! At least it confirmed that there is for sure only one heartbeat, so no twins! Is 128bpm pretty normal for how far along I am??

Thats a long wait!! We have one about 12 weeks then 20 - scans before 12 are extras for various reasons.

Congrats! I had my first scan yesterday and it was incredible. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. For some reason the Dr performing my ultrasound said that we wouldnt be able to hear the heartbeat yet. I don't know why if you girls already have. But it really was incredible seeing our baby. He/She was moving all over the place and it looked like they were dancing, then trying to roll over. It made all of the morning sickness and everything I have been feeling worth it. I'm such a baby tho LOL, I cried as soon as we saw our baby. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->