My friend had a termination.

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by xSarahM, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xSarahM

xSarahM Two Beautiful Angels

Okay so some of you may know i had my Gender Reveal party on Sunday.

One of my close friends didnt turn up, and i text her asking where she was, she said she was really sorry but she was just too ill to come. And i thought nothing of it. Her boyfriend was there though, and he confessed to me that they had gotten pregnant about a month ago, but she had an A because she just wasnt ready to have a baby.

I'm quite sensitive about A's because when me and my mum used to get into arguements when i was younger she'd throw, "i wish i had aborted you like your dad wanted me to!" into my face.. But i guess now im older, im more understanding that people may not be in the right place in their life to carry on with a pregnancy. Her boyfriend told me that she didnt want to come and be around all my baby celebrations. He made me promise not to tell her that i knew.

I just feel really bad because its like she couldnt come to me and talk to me :cry: and i cant bring it up with her, i just want to be there for her when she needs to lean on me.

2. emyandpotato

emyandpotato Well-Known Member

Hun she probably felt she couldn't talk to you because she knew it was a sensitive subject, or it was too painful for her to be around you while you're pregnant and happy? She may not have wanted to distract from your party either.

3. xSarahM

xSarahM Two Beautiful Angels

I know but i wish she'd have told me when it all first happened.
    I feel like she thinks she cant confide in me?

4. emyandpotato

emyandpotato Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say, I know you must feel hurt but everyone has reasons for doing things, perhaps just try to be a good friend to her and she might tell you eventually and if she doesn't then she'll have her own reasons for that. It probably isn't personal, many people have abortions and tell no one at all, let alone their pregnant friends. Perhaps she's ashamed?

5. Lola472

Lola472 Well-Known Member

I agree. I think she probably just needed to stay home because it would have been hard for her to be around all of the baby festivities. If it was a sensitive subject for you she may not have told you because she thought you might get mad or offended by her actions. It's such a tough subject. I wonder if she's told anyone. She may be afraid people will judge her. I am sure she trusts you, though. I'd imagine the reason she hasn't told you has something to do with her and how she's handling the fact she had an A and not how she views you as a friend.

6. Chrissy7411

Chrissy7411 Guest

I agree :flow:

7. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Cael's Mom

I'm actually surprised her boyfriend didn't stay home and keep her company if she was feeling sensitive about baby things. Poor girl :(

8. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

https://www.babyandbump.com/announcement.php?f=18

Thread Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.