My friends think I'm crazy, negative blood draw but positive tests.

nickielg

Reaction score
Long story short, had a MMC in April. D&C was April 17th. Still have not received AF (but I also have PCOS so it's "normal"). Have been talking pregancy tests over the past week, very faint but gradually getting a little bit darker. I made an appt to have a urine test and blood draw if that was positive. The nurse couldn't tell if the test was positive or not so she drew my blood anyways. Doctor okayed it to be sent out, they finally called me this morning with the results and told me it was negative.

I ended up going to Walmart and bought some more tests and took one and got the darkest line thus far. (I also had some coffee and peed like an hour before this test.) I'll post the pic and you ladies let me know what you think. Some of my friends see it but said its so faint I can't be pregnant -__- lol. TIA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 184
They didn't ask you to come back in 48 hours to have another blood draw to check for rising hcg? I would try a digital and call them back and request quantitative blood test..

Thank you for the input, I knew I wasn't that crazy lol.

Lovingmybaby-No they did not, the nurse just said its negative and that was that. Initially when I had made the appointment, they said they were gonna do a beta blood draw if it was positive since I haven't gotten AF to see how far along I am. I think I'm gonna call them back though and see which test they did. I have a feeling it was the qualitive since she just gave me a yes or no.

Okay now I'm super confused, I called to see which kinda test it was and the nurse said they did do a beta and it was only at 1.2. I told her about my test I had taken this morning and she didn't really say much, just asked if I had gotten my cycle, I said no and she asked if I wanted some meds to induce one. I have no idea what's going on.

I went thru something similar. My body was hanging onto a little bit of hcg 8-10 weeks after my mmc/d&c. I kept getting faint positives on tests and some days they would get darker and then go light again. I also have pcos so no af was "normal" for me too. Finally 10 weeks post d&c my tests went neg.

I would call them back and ask for another blood draw to compare to your other beta of 1.2... they need to see if it's rising or falling...

Hmm I wonder if that could be it Kat. But if it's 1.2 I wouldn't suspect it would show up on a pregnancy test, but I'm just gonna wait a week and see what happens. It's been almost 10 weeks for me now, but I have read online its normal to have a trace, like 1.2 when not pregnant.

Lovingmybaby-I probably will just wait till I get a yes it's definitely dark enough positive then call. The nurse was really rude and acted like I was crazy. Thanks for the input ladies!

I would think residual hcg as you've been testing for a week without much difference in the darkness of your lines. I would get in for another beta asap to try to figure out what's going on.

1.2 is negative. It's a "normal" non-pregnant result. 8-9 weeks after my prior d/c my level was still at a 9. Your line seems like an indent to me. Af can go missing for a while after a mc and d/c. I would wait a week and if no AF have repeat HCG and progesterone levels drawn. They can tell if you have ovulated yet and if aF is on way or if you need the provera and rule out pregnancy. Im sorry you are going through this!

See I'm used to af going missing, I have PCOS and after my first pregnancy that ended in stillbirth before this one, I was on Provera and it took me forever to get AF. However, I did just take a test, and got a blatant bfp after I just drank coffee and I barely peed on the test too. And the only reason I started testing was because I felt symptoms, I had not after my d&c at all. I'm hungry, crampimg, tired, breaking out, and lots of milky cm. I think I'm just gonna go to a different doctor because I do not like the one I currently have. Here's a pic of tonight's test.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 140
Both look like indents , I also agree with the other girls about you hcg, if ur in doubt wait a few days and see if s blaten line appears

Sorry that test looks negative. I don't see a line at all except an indent. It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion. However, blood levels do not lie. I think you should wait a few days. If you were pregnant your lines would be getting progressively darker. I would recommend repeat hcg next week for piece of mind. Hopefully the next few days clears things up. Sorry about your losses.

I guess this website just uploads the pics badly because it's 100% a strong positive that my best friend saw in person and my husband saw when I texted it to him. I also have been doing a lot of research about ladies who have their tests swapped by accident or just doesnt show up for any reason. But I'm going to continue to test and hold strong, I definitely know something is going on. But thanks anyways ladies.

I can see a faint line and it looks pink to me. You know your body better then anyone else. Keep testing and hopefully it be your sticky bean xx

I opened both your images on paint shop pro and I see faint pink lines on both tests, although rare I have read of cases of lab errors,however there is also a chance the FRER are giving you false lines, I would continue to test every few days and if they keep getting darker chances are it was the lab that was in error. maybe bring the darker tests to your doctor so they know why your not believing the blood test.

Thank you for all the input. I didn't test this morning but plan to tomorrow morning.

Lisap-I don't really know why it would give me false lines. It's been getting progressively darker like it should be in my opinion anyways. And I took the one on Friday and the one yesterday with new updated version of FRER and the strong positive was taken on an older version of the FRER. Tomorrow I'm gonna call my doc if I get another strong positive though. Something is clearly going on, and I want answers.

I dont know why FRER would give faint pink lines if HCG is really only a 1.2 . good luck I hope you get a answer soon.

i agree hugs hun must be faulty tests or bad pink evaps a blood test is very accurate unless a mix up in the lab and 1.2 would never be picked up by any tests unless its 12 and they read it wrong ? why dont you try a clear blue to be certain xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"