My friends think I'm crazy, negative blood draw but positive tests.

I plan on using a digi this Sunday. And it is possible they read it wrong, or lab error. They are doing a redraw on Tuesday. In the meantime I am still getting BFPs. I don't think 5 tests from different boxes could be faulty, nor do I think that it is an evap as I have watched it go across the window and the second pink line come up within time. I have also heard of women who have gotten negative blood tests, and not show positive till a few weeks in.

I see a line on your last pic and to me it doesn't look like a indent.. Believe me I have had many shadow/indents on FRER.. Good luck hunni =)

Thank you. :) when I look at it on this website it def looks a lot lighter than it was. Hoping my labs come back positive this time on Tuesday. Or if not then they need to figure out why I'm getting positives and symptoms! I've had lower back pain, I just passed out as soon as I got home from work (and I didn't have a tiresome day), and I have wicked nausea. :/

I agree i can see the lines and if it come up in the time frame then id say a bfp. Mayb the best thing to do is leave it 5 days and then retest your know for sure then x

I opened both your images on paint shop pro and I see faint pink lines on both tests, although rare I have read of cases of lab errors,however there is also a chance the FRER are giving you false lines, I would continue to test every few days and if they keep getting darker chances are it was the lab that was in error. maybe bring the darker tests to your doctor so they know why your not believing the blood test.

I did this too, I do graphic arts. I want to tell you this is a positive, but all that is showing is a heartbreaking indent that these tests give off at time. I as well have had my tests lost with labs, but never swapped with another. I would say that is very very rare for that to happen.

Those frers can be really tricky, I had two indents last month that looked exactly like your pics. I'm sorry. For some reason (maybe because they areally made to pick up such a small amount :shrug:) they give nasty indents that really do look like a very faint bfp. Even my dh saw the second line on those tests and we thought it was our month but it definitely wasn't. :(

This time I refused to believe the frer until I got a really good bfp on several different brands.

Also 1.2 hgc is normal "non pregnant" levels, anything under 5 I believe is normal.

Well it definitely was 100% not an indent. I think it's just how it uploaded, because it was a very bright positive, I promise you all of that. When I look at the pic on here it doesn't show as well as the saved one to my phone and it was definitely bright and pink.

Nothing really to update besides that, had bloods drawn again. I pretty much stopped testing, had a few more positives last week, but now just waiting on the blood draw again. Thanks for checking on me ladies. :)

Hmm. Can't say I understand how your doctor's office thinks the various pieces of information here are compatible. And grr do I hate it when they prematurely assume that things are over when a mother's instinct says there is still something there. I had a doctor tell me I was having a chemical, and he said to go home and have a hot bath and a glass of wine, he'd see me next cycle. My "chemical" was born 9 months after that appointment, 8lbs 11oz.

I don't see how a line like that (and continued BFPs on a FRER) could have a beta of 1.2. Maybe the doctor's office printer put a "." between the 1 and 2 instead of after the 2, or maybe a member of the medical staff transcribed it wrong? Or like you said, a test mix up? Getting a negative qualitative test at the doctor's office after a positive FRER at home... sure, that has happened to me. (Dr. office tests just are not as sensitive as FRERs, in my experience.) But getting a beta of 1.2 with a faint pink line on a FRER of all tests...I don't know how the medical staff could not find that weird and at least try to come up with an explanation for it. I've heard FRER sensitivity goes down to 6 mIU/mL-10 mIU/mL.

The test lines look real to me. I see pigment, and I don't even have to squint.

How much darker are the current BFPs you're getting (compared to the tests you showed)?

Hey hun, I saw you got a blood draw yesterday, any update from it today...wishing you all the bbest :hugs:

Just wanted to wish you luck- & show you my first bfp this pregnancy.. I took it an hour after my first blood draw.. My hcg was a 5.5 & I was told 5 and under is negative but if I didn't get my period to call them back and they'd work me in.. I never got a period :) My line came up immediately & was extremely dark for 5.5 hcg so I definitely think it would show at a lower hcg..

& looking back at this post, this site does make the line look WAY lighter than it does on my computer and my phone. Weird!

Attachments

• 11173648_10152976635602880_2026214545_n.jpg
    11173648_10152976635602880_2026214545_n.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 28
Thanks everyone for responding, I swear I had but guess not.

Well ladies it was another negative blood draw, (the nurse literally just called) but I had recently stopped getting positives, so I guess it was just the HCG finally leaving my body. I still have not bled though. It kinda makes me mad they were so sure it was a new ptegnancy but then would get mad at me when I told them I kept getting positives. Even the nurse just tried to say I must have had a false positive and I told her I guess the impossible happened with that then, as I got about 5. She said well must be a chemical then, well I still haven't bled, so I really doubt that has well. Just another group of doctors who just guess at everything and make me feel even worse than before with their opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->