My gorgeous boy is 11 months and doesn't like eating!

pocketsize44

Reaction score
He is FF and a lovely happy boy, however he doesn't seem to be keen on food.
He will eat organix carrot sticks, dairy lea triangles and various finger foods, however, if i try to feed him with a spoon he hates it!! And I worry he is not getting enough food, only thing he lets me feed him with a spoon is weetabix or petit filou's.
Today I have bought him asda young people pasta and some sauces and some cheese, but I just know tonight he won't eat it??

Any idea's ladies xx

my lo hates me feeding him i let him feed himself he tries with his spoon but most of oit goes in with his hands i out a shet on the floor and a bid then jiust clean him up he manages pasta rissotto mash anyhin i give him really

coiuld you not let lo have a good at eating him self
x

I have same prob but she won't eat finger foods eats dinner breakfast afters etc but as soon i give grr fingrt foods she chucks em on the floor I'm really stressing over it do u give dairylea slices on there own haven't tryed them maybe i should I suppose they will do everything in there own time x

More finger foods:
- sticks of (peeled) cucumber.
- cooked battons of carrots/cauliflour/broccoli
- roasted potato, sweet potato, butternut squash battons.
- banana, blueberries and other soft fruit.
- sandwiches (might be a way to introduce protein - egg mayo, tuna mayo, cheese sandwiches).
- flaked fish (salmon, white fish)

Have you tried pouches seing if he will suck from them

We have the same problem with our 11 month old. For the last month or more he's refused food off a spoon and is now barely eating anything. He screws his face and pushes the spoon away, even when I try letting him feed himself he just messes around with the spoon. He'll eat organix crisps etc and always wants to stick his hands in our food, but point blank refuses to eat his own off a spoon anymore. He used to have such a great appetite :cry:
xx

What do you spoon feed him?

My LO went RIGHT off of any bought baby food (I used Ella's Kitchen or Plum sometimes) and any of the smoother baby food that I made: he would (and still does) eat porridge off of a spoon, but will only eat "lumpy" homemade meals off of a spoon after about 11 months. Seemed to be a texture thing....

He will eat homemade casseroles (meat shredded with a fork), baked potatoes, scrambled egg, pasta with sauce, mashed sweet potato etc off of a spoon.

We have the same problem with our 11 month old. For the last month or more he's refused food off a spoon and is now barely eating anything. He screws his face and pushes the spoon away, even when I try letting him feed himself he just messes around with the spoon. He'll eat organix crisps etc and always wants to stick his hands in our food, but point blank refuses to eat his own off a spoon anymore. He used to have such a great appetite :cry:
xx

Of a morning he'll still generally eat porridge of a spoon, but little else. It's lumpy or pureed foods he won't eat off a spoon - unless he knows he's having some of what we're eating! When he does eat using his fingers he's happier - but he chokes a lot and it frightens me to death :( I'm going to try more of the suggest foods above. What about a dollop of mashed up baked potato on his tray - just let him tuck in with his hands?!
xx

The best advice I took when LO started refusing the spoon a couple of weeks ago was this:
Give him finger foods on his highchair tray, and then get on with something else whilst he eats or plays with it, keeping an eye on him in case of choking. Babies will eat as much or as little as they need. I also give him a loaded spoon to experiment with. Its really messy but worth it.
Before I did that it was a stressful event to feed him, with me darn near 'force feeding' him at one point, which is obviously not cool.
Since Ive left him to it, in two short weeks his 'menu' has improved vastly, as have his self feeding skills. He also eats a good amount :)
Good luck and hope this helps xx

My daughter will eat just nothing i cook has to be out of a jar or pouch i can sometimes get away with putting our food into a clean jar but only if she does not see me eat the same thing ;(

My lo is the same. she will only eat finger food i give her 4/5 bottles a day to make up the nutriants(sp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->