My heart just sank...I'm spotting:( Update!

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Ok ladies...I'm 4w4d...and just started to spot. It's pink/red but not a lot. Just when I wipe. My husband thinks it's implantation bleeding.
I don't know about that. Usually that's brown colour isn't it?
I'm not really sure what to do right now...I'm sooo early yet that there's not much they will be able to see on an u/s yet.

Any advice ladies? I'm so worried

I'd call your OB and get in to be seen anyway. Some spotting can be very normal, so try not to stress too much. Easier said than done. Hugs!

Don't panic. My last pregnancy I had red and pink spotting not brown at exactly 4 weeks. I was even cramping. I remember bc I was away on holiday and convinced I was miscarrying. But the spotting was only when wiping and it lasted one day. Hcg kept tripling and I had a healthy baby girl. It's probably just implantation that's what my OB had told me. I'm also spotting on and off this time much later started 7 weeks and was scanned twice baby is fine I'm on progesterone now and it stopped. Just call your Dr and repeat hcg betas every 48 hrs it will reassure u xx

I had a bit of pink at 4 weeks exactly... I really hope it's nothing... they can at least do beta hcg

Hope things are okay! I'd call and get levels checked.

Thank you for your encouragement ladies:)
Here is a picture of my tests...I started testing Monday afternoon, and the last test is this evening after I had spotting.
Should the tests be darker by now?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 31
My implantation bleeding was a wipe of pink :) it's how I knew i needed to text! I've had 2 episodes of spotting this pregnancy (7 and 9 weeks) and after ultrasounds that looked great, the doc just shrugged it off as "pregnancy is hard on the body". God luck!

Did you ladies have mild cramping with your spotting? It's mild like AF is going to arrive but also in my lower back, which I've had with my other pregnancies. Just not the spotting accompanied with it.

Yes my last pregnancy at 4 weeks full blown hardcore af type cramping with pink spotting.

I think those tests look great, I hope it is nothing. From what I hear spotting is very common. I would be nervous too, try to rest and stay positive. :hugs:

I think those tests look great, I hope it is nothing. From what I hear spotting is very common. I would be nervous too, try to rest and stay positive. :hugs:

Thank you:) yes I'm trying to relax....I think I'm going to just go to bed and rest lol

So I spotted once in first tri and my OB said its very normal to spot around the time that you would have gotten your period, even in the second or third month of pregnancy. Four weeks is about that time, right? So it could just be that. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Ok ladies my spotting(so far) has stopped. I had it last night briefly when I wiped. Put a pad on and went to bed. Didn't have any spotting overnight, but I def have lower back pain and feel like AF is going to show up.

I don't know if I should still have hope or just accept that this might end.

Definitely still have hope.. this exact thing happened to me this pregnancy... I had horrible back ache and af cramps. I even posted about it so worried.. and the spotting I'd had didn't help.. it was only that one night and didn't have any more.. all is well!
I really hope that is the case for you!!!!!! <3

Definitely still have hope.. this exact thing happened to me this pregnancy... I had horrible back ache and af cramps. I even posted about it so worried.. and the spotting I'd had didn't help.. it was only that one night and didn't have any more.. all is well!
I really hope that is the case for you!!!!!! <3

thank you so much! that does give me hope!

Could you ask your doctor about starting a progesterone supplement? I heard it helps with early bleeding? My coworker is pregnant and had been bleeding a bit. Her doctor said if you are going to miscarry, there is nothing they can do about it. But taking a progesterone supplement for the first 8-12 weeks can sometimes help strengthen the uterine lining to help sustain the pregnancy. It can't hurt to try!

DEF still have hope.

I know women who spotted when wiping on and off throughout the entire first trimester and had happy healthy, full term babies. As far as cramping, I am 4 weeks 3 days and I had EXACT AF feelings, like that pressure feeling I get right before AF, and a few cramps that were stronger.

I would agree that it couldn't hurt to get your levels checked, and your progesterone too. Progesterone supplements can be an easy fix and they can ease your mind! (they do for me!)

Good luck and keep us posted!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about the cramping. I had it up until around 8 weeks. :)
Keep your chin up hunny!

Can you call your Dr and go in for repeat betas? It's the only way to be absolutely sure everything is ok xx

I just went through this this week. It was enough to bother me, so I went to the doctor. I am 6w4d, but they didnt an ultrasound and showed all is well. The midwife told me that I would feel it if it were bad news (the cramping and all). Good lucK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"