• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My heart just sank...I'm spotting:( Update!

Thank you ladies. I haven't had any blood work done as of yet, as it's not standard to do in Canada unless you have a history of mc. So I have no clue what my betas would be at this point.
However I did take a clear blue digital test today and it said 2-3 weeks. So is that ok? I should be between 4-5 weeks right now. I find those HPT's confusing with regards to weeks.
I see my midwife mid-November for my first appointment. The spotting still hasn't come back. Nothing. Just the AF feeling.
I'm hanging onto hope right now.
Thanks for all your advice ladies!!

I live I Canada.and just simply asked my doc to do them...and that was that. I'm sure they would to put your mind at ease.

I live I Canada.and just simply asked my doc to do them...and that was that. I'm sure they would to put your mind at ease.

Thank you, I think since I haven't had issues in the past that it's just not standard for me to get any blood work done, until 8+ weeks. Or that's at least been my experience with my last 3 babies. However I am going into the doctor this afternoon and I'm sure he'll send me straight to the ER to have all that done including a scan.
I'm guessing that it will be a long night ahead with the LONG wait in the ER.

Hey I'm in Canada too. My OB's standard is once u get bfp he has a CdL lab in his office and runs repeat betas right away. So I've always had them done. When I was spotting last week I had several scans done in his office too ( he has 5 4d machines). Any way you can bypass ER? I wouldn't go unless you are outright bleeding you're going to wait over 12 hrs :(

the long wait will be tough but I'm sure it would be a harder wait at home :hugs: I hope they give you some reassuring answers asap :hugs:

Hey I'm in Canada too. My OB's standard is once u get bfp he has a CdL lab in his office and runs repeat betas right away. So I've always had them done. When I was spotting last week I had several scans done in his office too ( he has 5 4d machines). Any way you can bypass ER? I wouldn't go unless you are outright bleeding you're going to wait over 12 hrs :(

I'm in BC, and we aren't referred to an OBGYN unless it's a csection or high risk. I had my first baby in Ontario and was referred to an OB almost right away. So I think each province does things a bit diffrent.

Let us know how you are after you know something!!!! Fx'd all is well!!!

I'm in BC, and we aren't referred to an OBGYN unless it's a csection or high risk. I had my first baby in Ontario and was referred to an OB almost right away. So I think each province does things a bit diffrent.

Ah yes. I'm in Quebec. Ok we'll keep us updated im sure all is well xx

Definitely a much more hand off approach for early pregnancy here (I am in BC too). I have midwives, and my first appt is not until I am 8 weeks. They would not do HCG tests unless I had serious concerns, and I doubt spotting would be enough without a history of MC or ectopic etc.

Mine did already order me a dating US for around 8/9 weeks though, without having seen me which was a relief to have that put in and know it will be scheduled.

Some spotting with no other symptoms though, I think is very normal in early pregnancy. Keep us posted though! :hugs:

Oh, and jenmcn1 --- looks like we are due at same time! And you are familiar with end of June due date lol. How have you found that time of year to be delivering? I had DS in November and I am excited NOT to have a winter baby again.

Hi ladies,

I saw the doctor today, he did a pelvic exam and didn't see any blood, and my cervix was still closed so he said that's a good sign.
He is booking me for an u/s this week to rule out ectopic. He doesn't think it's an ectopic but just to play it safe.

He said in 90% of cases, spotting in first trimester means nothing and that likely everything will turn out.
One day at a time here.
I am susceptible to sub chorionic hematomas so that might be what's going on.

The ultrasound will determine a few things this week.
Thanks for all your thoughts:)

That's so true every province is different didn't think of that. I'm in Alberta so, of course, different standards here too.
Hope all goes well for you!

Oh, and jenmcn1 --- looks like we are due at same time! And you are familiar with end of June due date lol. How have you found that time of year to be delivering? I had DS in November and I am excited NOT to have a winter baby again.

I've never had a fall or winter baby, but my experience with Summer is good!! You just have to make sure not to overdress or overheat a baby. I do like having my babies in the spring/summer. However I find the recovery uncomfortable in the heat. Other than that it's really nice!! And summer birthdays are super fun!!!!

I've never had a fall or winter baby, but my experience with Summer is good!! You just have to make sure not to overdress or overheat a baby. I do like having my babies in the spring/summer. However I find the recovery uncomfortable in the heat. Other than that it's really nice!! And summer birthdays are super fun!!!!

I spotted on and off with my soon from conception until Iwas 17 weeks. He is now 11 weeks old :)

I'm about 4 weeks along and I also have spotting. I've been spotting since Thursday. Nurse said its not such a concern. I'm taking progestorone in oil. I also have cramps so naturally I'm concerned. I have a second beta scheduled for Monday and an ultra sound scheduled the next Monday.

Thank you for the reassurance ladies. I've had the tiniest amount of spotting since my pelvic exam yesterday. It was rust color and then gone. Only when I wiped. It's driving me crazy. And I have lots of back pain. But no abdominal cramping or anything. The ultrasound couldn't come fast enough this week.

Rebecca822- I hope all turns out for you! Keep us posted!!

OK so I took another pregnancy test this morning, and it looks like the test line is getting a bit darker than the control line.
The top test was yesterday, the bottom test this morning. I'm keeping hope here...what do you ladies think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
That looks visibly darker from here! I think your chances sound pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"