my homebirth

smam

Reaction score
copy and pasted from birth announcements as I thought it would be nice to have it in this part too.

Hi All

Well, where do I start?!?!?!

I had my first contractions about half 9pm on tuesday 7/12/10 after my dad had said little man had 24 hours to vacate the premises as he had to go to Stockholm on business. I was contracting all over the place til 7am (8/12) when I was bullied into phoning the MW by my mum. I was booked in for a homebirth and cos my parents were visiting from Spain, I didn't want the MW to be hanging around when not alot was happening.... The MW arrived at half 8, I sent my partner to work saying that I'd call if anything major was happening as I had a very long latent labour with my DD. Well by 9am when the 2nd MW arrived I was 5cms and coping with just breathing and a hot water bottle. I put the shower curtain down on the bed, text my Best friend who was going to be my Birthing Partner if the OH couldn't do it then rang OH saying I was half way there.

The MW's asked if I minded their students being there and I agreed so I had 4 MW's, my oh, my best friend, mum, sister and grandparents all in the house lol! At about 11 they asked to examine me again but I wanted a shower first as I was really hot. Got changed into an old nightie which was an Ann Summers one lol and laid down. She checked me and accidently popped my waters, I was 8 cm! I didn't get off the bed after than and after a few massive pushes with g & a Dylan exploded into the world at 12.10pm weighing 6lb 11oz! I honestly couldn't use a different word than that. Daddy was there with tears in his eyes and cut the cord.

He was a little cold so they took the shower curtain off the bed, put a new pad underneath me and tucked us into bed. Everyone was let in and it was wonderful! my parents picked my little girl up from school and she came straight into bed too which was the best experience! I had a first degree tear but they decided against stitching. D had a good feed an snuggled off to sleep.

Everything was soo relaxed and different from my first hospital birth and i can hand on heart say i would do it all over again in an instant. Hes now 8 days old and very laid back although i am now bottle feeding as he was too lazy to latch on, his blood sugars dropped and scared the life out of me... i feel alot more happy with knowing how much he is getting and that I can share the bonding with everone else in my close family.

I don't feel like I had a baby just over a week ago, I feel really well, no pains any more and minimal bleeding now. Sorry to gush sooo much but I had such an amazing Birth experience this time and the MWS were wonderful and it was one of the students first homebirth, which she said made her actually want kids and have them at home as everything went soo well! I'm glad I took the decision to have a HB!

thanks for reading my bs, sorry its long!

Sam n Dylan

https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/mummy-moose/PC080090.jpg
first meeting with mummy
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/mummy-moose/PC080092.jpg
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/mummy-moose/PC080093.jpg
first cuddle with daddy
https://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/mummy-moose/PC080095.jpg

Thanks for sharing and gush away!!! What a Lovely story and Dylan is gorgeous!!! x

Thank you! I can't believe he's 6 weeks old tomorrow. Its going too quickly!

Awww, congratulations and well done to you! :flower: And welcome to your new little baby! :baby: :happydance:

xx

Congratulations! Don't aplogise for gushing! I love to hear about happy home births :flower:

That is a wonderful homebirth story, how lovely it must of been for Dylan to enter the world with his loving family all around him gushing with love for him. What a beautiful first photo of you 3 - looks like daddy didn't even get time to change after coming in from work - still has his shirt and tie on! :lol:

Yep he most definitely didn't get the chance bless him, he couldn't even get to his drawers to change cos the MW's bits were there infront and he was too embarrased to ask them to move it all. Thanks every one, I wish I could relive that day again, which is something I never thought Id say about labour lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->