My bedroom smells
My kitchen smells

My daughters bedroom is fine
My bathroom is fine
My work is fine
My living room is reasonable

:sick:

I hate smelling things!!!!

Me too. We moved into a rented place that had to be repainted top to bottom the previous tenant was such a heavy smoker. The stink lasted over a month and still lingers a bit.

I bought this zeolite stuff which people use in aquariums to get rid of ammonia apparently. Anyway it's really porous gravel and it absorbs smells a bit like activated carbon. I was really surprised it worked.

I'm sure your house doesn't stink to anyone without super preggo smelling powers though ;)

I posted a thread not long ago on this Emma!

OH and my Mum says my house smells lovely, but as soon as I walk into my living room, the smell makes me want to vomit! I actually went crazy in ASDA the other day and brought lots of plug in air freshners and candles. My house smells of vanilla now :) its really helped :) ! x

Forgot to get one for my bedroom and now thats the only room that I cant stand the smell off! Had windows wide open all day to let some fresh air in. Im a crazy pregnant lady haha! X

Hahaha-ohhhh yes...I've currently got my house ripped apart, cleaning everything top to bottom...can't stand the smell...2 kids and a dog(and husband)...I can smell everything!!!!!!! Argggg!!! So I'm cleaning like crazy today!!! Heightened sense of smell is usually my first indicator of pregnancy lol!

Was that a haiku? Everything stinks here too i even got a carpet because i was sure the laminate floor was the source of all evil smells (how???). I really love the smell of olbas atm though its keeping me sane

I also bought loads of air freshener but within a week that was vile too!

I had to spend about a half hour in the cleaning aisle at target the other day, sniffing different cleaners just to find one that wouldnt make me want to vomit (winner: Method all natural/plant based Beach Sage cleaner) so i can clean the house for my parents visiting...because i am convinced everyone will be able to smell everything that i can... :dohh:

Ughhh I feel your pain, I had hubby shampoo our carpets today!

time to change the air freshener and try a new scent haha.

HA! I just noticed my sense of smell today (I had a cold last week, so I couldn't smell anything). When I was cutting up apples and veggies for my two bearded dragons, it STUNK! Washed the apples and smelled it again..it stinks. Took a bite, it tasted a little weird (it's fresh apple, so i know it's not rotting or anything of the sort) due to smell and taste. Anything like that happened? Where you KNOW it smells good, but it stinks?

My car smells
My bedroom smells
My kitchen smells

My daughters bedroom is fine
My bathroom is fine
My work is fine
My living room is reasonable

:sick:

I hate smelling things!!!!

Lol, me too! It's horrible! I hate driving now! And I can smell the dirt on the bottom of my shoes, it's dried, and it has this terrible smell that's almost poo like (but not poo, I checked, that's just the way the dirt smells lol) so I keep my feet under the desk as much as possible. Wonder if/when this eases up or gets better?

Btw, I can't get the dirt off the bottom no matter how hard I scrub lol, don't know why.

I hate pregnancy nose! I sometimes have to have a whiff of a vicks eucalypt thing just to get whatever funky smell I smell out of my nose!

I canNOT stand the smell of steak! I hate it! It's what OH likes to eat though so I often cook it but try to hold my breath lol, or it makes me gag. And funny enough, I couldn't stand the smell of what I cooked for myself (cut up lamb steaks in butter, with chopped onion and garlic, stir-fried, over red quinoa... yay my appetite came back!), but I loved the taste :haha:

Me too!! I even took my son and stayed at my parents for the last 3 weeks because I couldn't stand the smell of my house, nobody else could smell it but me! I've finally come home because they were getting sick of us lol I bought a plug in for every room, incents, candles, normal air freshness, sprays, you name it i bought it! Everyone in the supermarket must have thought I live on a rubbish pile lol I've just had some wall papering done and now I'm back to square one because it smells funny arghhhh

Me too!! I even took my son and stayed at my parents for the last 3 weeks because I couldn't stand the smell of my house, nobody else could smell it but me! I've finally come home because they were getting sick of us lol I bought a plug in for every room, incents, candles, normal air freshness, sprays, you name it i bought it! Everyone in the supermarket must have thought I live on a rubbish pile lol I've just had some wall papering done and now I'm back to square one because it smells funny arghhhh

Lol, I do have a bunch of candles as well! I vacuum many times a week and mop because the smell of the floors was bothering me the most! I also have opened the windows and doors many times a week to let the house air out all day. It really helps! Especially since it's been windy here in Auckland, New Zealand :D If I were you, I would try to limit the plug-ins and air fresheners (especially air fresheners) because they add a huge toxic load to your house. Try to just air out the house if you can, if it's not too cold! And candles are really good, and vacuuming! I vacuum every surface I can find! Lol! I swear it helps! I'm not saying your house is dirty by the way, I'm just saying the smallest smells can tip us off and make us sick. Oh, I also open the windows when I'm cooking and for a bit afterwards because even if I liked what I cooked, the smell of it after I've eaten usually will make me sick lol. And I make OH take the trash out a lot.

Seriously, I bought two near fresheners and i loved them but now I hate them.
Cannot wait for my nose to calm down.
I've managed to chuck all the dishes in the dishwasher this morning without them making me heave.... Haha

I'm planning on doing a lot of washing today so hopefully laundry will smell yummy :)

MissRhead am I remembering you from Jan garnets 2010? :flower:

Yes, I can't stand the smell of certain rooms in our house at the moment. I've been spending a small fortune on scented candles!

MissRhead am I remembering you from Jan garnets 2010? :flower:

Yep! I had my LO on 9th of feb 09 been here ever since lol. And here we both are again! :baby: seems so long ago now right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->