My husband is going to make me go nuts

Christina86

Reaction score
So my doctor told me I was not allowed to eat fish. I hate seafood so that's fine. I was then told no cold cuts- deli meat- whatever they are expensive so I usually don't buy them anyway. Then. No hot dogs. Okay I can handle that. Now my husband said that I can't eat pepperoni or summer sausage. Seriously? Idk why. I'm sure I can. I am craving fried eggs and summer sausage. With melted mozzarella cheese.

Hey, at least he's concerned, right?! Lol!
I would just google it as we all do.

You made me hungry!

Very true he is concerned. I will google it! But I'm sure even if it's okay he will have me wait until we talk to the dr at my next appt on Tuesday. I just don't want to wait that long lol. Sorry I made you hungry!!

As long as it is heated up you can eat it! I ate pepperoni pizza for dinner, lol.

Your doctor sounds pretty extreme! Everything I've read says that 12 oz of seafood/week is really good for you, as long as you avoid the high-mercury stuff. The risk with cold cuts, hot dogs, and salami and such is listeria. If you heat it to steaming, it will kill any bugs and it's perfectly safe. Just cook it and it's fine.

It would def be steaming. Husband fries the summer sausage in butter along with the eggs! Soooo good!!

I saw that about seafood. That doesn't bother me. I stopped eating seafood years ago and I don't plan on starting anytime soon. Lol

Your doctor sounds pretty extreme! Everything I've read says that 12 oz of seafood/week is really good for you, as long as you avoid the high-mercury stuff. The risk with cold cuts, hot dogs, and salami and such is listeria. If you heat it to steaming, it will kill any bugs and it's perfectly safe. Just cook it and it's fine.

Thanks for that. Had Mac n cheese and hot dogs for dinner...didn't realize they were not to be eaten. My Dr hasn't said anything to me about avoiding anything so I thought it didn't really matter...just trying not to have a diet full if carbs as my sister gets gestational diabetes and am trying to avoid that.

I know pregnant woman can, I was wondering why this particular doctor said she couldn't as it seems silly.

Well, pepperoni and summer sausage are technically deli meats. But as long as it's cooked, it's fine. Your Dr is one of the extreme ones with the "don't eat this's" I think. I'll stay away from anything possibly rotten (which I would anyway!) but I can't live without hot dogs! Well, I hate meat right now, but I can't wait to get back to them!

This doctor is my family doctor. I went to him to confirm the pregnancy as I couldn't get Into my ob until this week (Tuesday). After he said all of that he then said I can use him as a pediatrician after the baby is born if I want too. It's one of those offices that does everything. So they do family practice. Ob/gyn. Pediatrics. Etc. Idk. I was just curious as to what people thought. I'm going to find out from my ob if I can get some kind of list.

Not like it matters anyway because it's been rare that I can even keep food down. =[

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"