My husband just doesn't understand :(

I read somewhere once that making a baby, especially in the first trimester, is about the equivalent of a good, hard workout at the gym. You burn a lot of calories just sitting there because your body is using a lot of energy creating life. Don't feel bad. It's totally normal.

I was so exhausted with my first pregnancy it was crazy! I'd go to sleep at 8, wake up at 5:30, come home from work at 3:30 and take an hour nap! Now, with my second, I wasn't as bad, but this pregnancy, I'm feeling it pretty strong again.

It will get better, but I hope your DH comes around.

Next time he has a fit about it say "I made a lung today, what have you done lately" and see what he says lol

Oh my gosh, I just laughed so damn hard at this...i'm so going to do this!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!!!!

I am super upset with my husband at the moment.
I have been so0o tired that the house work has taken a back burner. MY husband was upset over the fact that I do nothing, and hes right, I dont...but it's because im so damn tired all of the time. I sleep 10 to 12 hours a night with two naps in the day when i can fit them in and still I feel tired. And some might say im tired because im getting too much sleep but it isnt any different when I sleep less. I do keep up with the dishes everyday. Everything else is done once a week at least, so its not as though I do absolutely nothing. I just dont do it as much now. I tried to explain to him that im pregnant and extremely tired but I think he thinks im just 'milking it', I think he believes I shouldnt feel this way until late in the pregnancy with a big belly. He doesnt believe me, and I have a lot of hate towards him right now.

Sorry to hear this. My hubby is super supportive. Question: Why doesnt your husband do the housework or at least help out with it?? Its not a womans job to keep the house clean. You all are a team. Have the DR explain to him what is going on with your body and emotions so that he gets a clearer understanding. GL:hugs:

The house cleaning really lies on me most of the time. He works a lot, so he doesnt do much of the cleaning. And he is pretty much useless at home if im there...god forbid he get up and get his own drink. I used to work a lot of hours as well so housework wasn't fought about after because he knew I worked just as much as him...but now my hours have been cut in half and I have a lot more time off. He just says "it's something that has to be done, it doesn't take that long, just do it and get it done with". I guess he thinks I can just push through it.
He doesn't come to my doctors app. unless we know it is an important one as he works a lot and doesnt like to ask for time off, he is trying to get a promotion at the moment so i dont mind that he doesn't come with me.

And what really pisses me off is, after me and my DH had the big fight over cleaning, his mother had the nerve to tell me I was wrong, and being a wife isnt that hard, and is he really asking to much from me....like WTF. She did it over facebook message of course. I couldnt even contain myself when I got that message.

Wow its pretty ridiculous that he's running to mommy after you have a fight. I'm sorry but it is. Its none of her business as far as I'm concerned. Like pp have said you need to have him read what making g this baby is doing to your body so he can understand why it feels like you did a trialthalon.

I have to say my OH is pretty supportive. Plus he has OCD so does all the cleaning anyway. He's also done one pregnancy before so he knows the drill. I'm not bitchy this time so he's keeping more of a low profile which is helpful. Just talk to your OH's and explain what is going on with baby and you body wise and explain how hard it is for your body to cope, until 2nd trimester (although it might take some longer)

This, lol. He's not OCD, he just has a lower dirt tolerance than I do, so he cleans most things before I do.

Next time he has a fit about it say "I made a lung today, what have you done lately" and see what he says lol

Oh my gosh, I just laughed so damn hard at this...i'm so going to do this!!! Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!!!!

Lol anytime! My sister said that to her dh when he was ragging her about sleeping so much. It shut him up lol

Never ever ever involve your parents in marital fight. That is just not allowed. Ever. Never ever. He deserves a smack for that.

Wow, sorry to hear this. It doesnt really sound like this is a loving situation. Similar to a dictatorship, you do as I ask of you. I dont know what to say, except Im blessed. GL

Never ever ever involve your parents in marital fight. That is just not allowed. Ever. Never ever. He deserves a smack for that.

Oh Kelly I MOST definitely agree. Im leaving this thread because its making me angry!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->