My induction and emcs birth x would love to talk to others who had similair x

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
Hi guys I thought I would post my birth story here to try and get 'm y head around it x I think finnaly facing it and talking to others may help me heal x ok here goes.

At 8.30am on 27th October 2015 I was admitted into ipswich hospital for my induction at 37 weeks due to iugr. I was given the first pessary at 12pm and I naively thought everything would start happening and baby would just come, 24 hours later and nothing had happened so was given a 6 hour pessary a few cramps so walked round the hospital a bit to try and help things along but to no avail :-( .At 6pm my midwife informed me that there were no labour rooms left so to my fustrationwerent they pwerent going to insert apessary till the morning, luckily I managed to get some sleep. I woke up that morning (29th) again not feeling any different and not having any pain or cramps so assumed I would be a while of yet. Doctor came round and examined me to find to my surprise I was 2cm dialated. She broke my waters to try and get things moving and I was moved into a labour room , within 10 mins contractions had started. My mum and partner were with me at this point and I was pretty much left to labour in peace. Only having the midwife come in every hour ir so to moniter baby. An hour after my waters were broken I was examined[ and 4cm! :) I was so happy things were now moving on their own and I wouldnt need to be put on a drip. I was then left to labour for another 3 hours (my favourite part of the whole experience) I was looking forward to being examined again as I thought I would be around 7 cm by then but I had made no progress :-( so they decided to put me on a drip to bring on contractions which I really didnt want as it ment I would need constant monitoring and be stuck to the bed :-( I was also given an epidural as the midwife advised that the contractions would come thick and fast. I then painlessly laboured for a few more hours. It got to about 8pm and still no progress . Baby kept losing contact with monitor so they decided to use a scalp monitor. This is when things started to go wrong babys heart rate kept dipping, they werent too worried until about an hour later baby's heart rate went down to 80 :-( they tried rolling me on my side, turning off the drip but no luck :'(, midwife rang the alarm and the room filled with different doctors. I was examined and told I was fully dialated but baby hadnt moved down. I was then told to put on gown in case I had to go to theatre. This is when I lost it. I remember bursting into tears and shaking as they tried to explain what was going on, they were in such a rush to get baby out I was signing the consent form as we went up in the lift to the theatre ward. I grabbed my hand but when we got up there he had dissapeant allowed in as therpartnersdissapwasnte was no time for him to change and I was having general anaesthetic) i was so scared and drugged up I didnt know what was going on . I was wheeled into theatre room and told to shuffle on to bed , through floods of tears I tried to listen to doctors, all I remember is them saying is there no time for forceps and to breathe into mask. I was so scared to go to sleep as I didnt know whether my baby would be ok. Next thing I opened my eyes and saw the most beautiful baby in a crib next to my bed on the labour ward. It was blurry but I remember my partner and mum being there and I think I may of breastfed (according to my notes I did) my mum and partner were then sent home but I was so out of it I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning traumatised but so happy to have ny beautiful 4 pound 13 ounce little boy

Marshall Peter Leonard Frost my little fighter x

I then went on to spend a further week in hospital as my incision got infected and babe had jaundice x am still heeling up but getting better everyday x

Oh, love, you clearly had a difficult and stressful time of it! My story is not quite the same. My waters went before I went into labour. No contractions or progress for 24 hours so was taken in for induction. Long story short, I too ended up with an emergency section and I couldn't get my head around it at all. You're right when you say that it is traumatic but it really will get better. It will be 4 years in March since my section. I had my second by VBAC in Jan 14 which was incredibly healing in many ways and helped me to realise that what happened before was not my fault and it also allowed me to forgive myself.

Much love to you!

x

Thankyou so much for replying hun ! Its nice to talk to someone who understands x I just feel empty, im so desperate to know what it is like to have a normal birth and feel what it is like to push, I just feel like there a huge blank :'( my mum just says be happy you have a healthy baby and I am I just feel sad sometimes x do you have aby tips on getting through the lows? X

Be kind enough to yourself to admit that there is much more to birth than having a happy and healthy baby. Yes, that's very important but birth is an almost sacred thing to women as it connects us with a part of our 'purpose' in the world.

IF you are planning on having any more children, I would join some VBAC forums, particularly the ones on FB. You can also find some discussion forums there which will help you talk through what you are feeling. Remember, just because you've got a gorgeous baby doesn't mean you aren't also allowed to feel sad about what happened.

Talking about it helped me a lot. I used to cry whenever anyone said that all the mattered was a healthy baby because I felt so guilty that I didn't feel that way, that I had all of those questions about birth and felt somehow like I hadn't done it 'properly'. My second birth wasn't perfect either but I had a VBAC and it really helped me to come to terms with some of what I was feeling.

Also, remember that you have put your baby first. You have had major surgery to help them into the world safely. You are fierce and strong, never weak and you never need to excuse your feelings.

xxx

Thankyou so much that really cheered me up :) your right I do feel like I missed out and didnt do it 'properly' I spoke to my health visitor and she referred me to the hospital for a debriefing of the birth so I can better understand what happened,which will hopefully fill in the blanks and I'll feel more like I was part of it, your right we are strong x

My birth was very similar to yours. I was taken into hospital on 16th nov for induction due to iugr, baby was measuring below the 10th centile, I was 37+3. The day I was admitted I was given three prostin pessaries over a 24 hour period. No pains no dialation, nothing! So doctor kept me in and said after a 24 hour break they would try again. So on the 3rd day they checked me again and said I was 1cm dialated and they could break my waters but there was no beds on labour ward so I would have to stay on antenatal ward until there was. It was another five days before I was moved to labour ward. They broke my waters and began the hormone drip straight away. I began having contractions and presumed things were progressing but after 18 hours of contractions I was only 4cm dialated. The doctor advised a section and I was devastated I just lost control and broke down crying. I had to wait an hour before going to theatre as another lady was already in there so they took me off my drip and told me my contractions would stop but they didn't they got stronger. I had gone into natural labour after all the interventions. An hour later when they got me to theatre and checked me again I was 6cm so proof I was contracting and dialating on my own but they still went ahead with the c section. I've had such a hard time getting my head around the whole birth and feel like such a failure! I would never want a c section again it's not just physically you have to recover its emotionally too x

I was also the same. My first was an iugh baby. Was 39 weeks he measured 33 weeks. I was induced, only got to 1cm after second gel. They kept losing his heartbeat. He was not very happy straight from the beginning. My hubby after a while watching his heart rate begged them to do something. I had the nastiest midwife.

After hubby's concerns, I had totally lost it by now with back to back contractions. Still 1cm, they couldn't break waters. I was rushed to theatre. 30min earlier midwife gave me pethidine. I was totally against it, didn't even offer gas and air first. She wanted me to shut up and let her have an easy night on the labour ward.

My son, was born not responding, thanks to pethadine. But after a while he started screaming. He was an Ivf baby, I did get post natal depression too. His now 5.5years old and perfect.

I've had ds2, conceived naturally, Went to a different hospital. He was 1 week overdue and I was adamant to have a vbac. I laboured at Home, jumped in the bath until I got up and I couldn't handle IT anymore. Once we got yo hospital had ds2 in my arms in under 2 hours. I tore and was cut, but best birth I could have asked for. No post natal depression :)

I'm now 1 week to go for ds3 due date. Hoping for another vbac. I point blank refuse inductions or any involvement. It get better hun.

I think iugh babies and gabbing inductions are never a good option. Babies are already struggling inside the womb and trying to force them out mostly turns out with them being in distress. If I could go back I would have just demanded a cesarean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"