My induction *small update page 13*

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Sorry if this first post is me moaning constantly but I'm fed up of hospitals already!!

I got here at 8pm and there were 3 other ladies already here, so I got the worst bed on the ward (if I have the curtains open i'm directly in the eye line of the dinner trolley) and as I was last in, I was last to be seen, OH got kicked out at 9pm so he wasn't here for long.

I saw the doc just before 10 who kindly told me as I'm not contracting they don't expect baby to be here until Friday (gee thanks!) I asked if that was worst case and she said no, thanks again for the optimism!!

The MW then gave me an internal and said I wasn't dialted at all (even tho on Tues I was 1cm and had a sweep!) I didn't think you could go backwards in this dialating thing. She then gave me 2mg of gel.

I'm still strapped to the damn CTG machine which I hate with a passion, I feel like a lab rat, and I HATE not being able to move, all I wanna do is go for a wee but MW is refusing to take me off the damn machine yet.

Sorry for the rant! I was just quite sure things would get moving quickly and now they have put it in my head I'll be here for days and days. I feel so down :(

oh god that doesnt sound good - real good of them to sound so positive :(

just hope things get mving for you sooner rather than later - imagine telling someone sunday they wouldnt have lo till friday ffs

best of luck hun x sure you will be outta there by tues x

:( sounds horrible Hun

:hugs::hugs:
Hope things go superquick for you and your lil Bundle arrives safe and sound
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

xxx

So if you dont get things moving will they send you home or will you have to stay for maybe a week??

Oh dear, hope things go very quickly for you :hugs:

hope it works for you hun, good luck xxxx

Oh that sounds so horrible, i feel so sorry for you :(. I really really hope something starts happening for you tonight- good luck! xxx

:hugs: Good luck hun. Sorry the doc wasn't optimistic, you´ll just have to prove him wrong ;) He can't possibly predict the future.

Thanks for the support ladies :hugs: is so lovely to know people are thinking of me (even if I do moan constantly!!!)

They don't let you leave once they've started the process :( I knew I hadn't packed too much stuff!

Sorry for tmi but I've got a slight dodgy belly so when I was strapped to the machine I realllly had to go, I told the MW and she just said 10 more minutes! Next time I'll have to poo on the damn bed!!!!

Does anyone know if the gel can actually start contractions?? Or is it purely to soften the cervix? I have the worst backache now but it could just be from lying on my back for 2 hours!!!

I heard that it can start contractions, although I think its main purpose is to soften the cervix. Is the backache constant?

I heard that it can start contractions, although I think its main purpose is to soften the cervix. Is the backache constant?

Yeah it's a constant ache. I think it's just from where I had to lie still for 2 hours. I've had lower back problems all through this pregnancy, I think it's just the position I'm in when on the CTG!

Damn. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the start of something ;) Good luck!

Well I hope all goes well and you get to leave with your baby soon :hugs:

i believe the gel is mostly used to soften the cervix. Im sorry your induction isnt going well, hope it gets better soon.

aww that sucks! hope things speed up for u! good luck with everything xxx

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this :( I'm not entirely sure why they'd be surprised you're not contracting already....

I hope everything kicks off for you soon. Just to let you know, cervix favourability can go backwards, but usually only in stressful situations - it's part of the mammalian 'fight or flight' response, when the body knows instinctively it's not the right time to start labour. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that was due to you being ill this weekend - don't let it worry you about things not going smoothly from now on in :)

It's easier said than done but try to remain calm and relaxed as much as possible :hugs:

I had the gel with my first @ 8am (not sure if same one in aus) but I got contractions 5 min apart straight away. Walked all day, they told me for first baby usually takes 2 lots to work and might not have baby til next day. No matter what I didn't want baby born of FIL bday so walked alot! I had my baby @ 9pm that same day.
Best of luck. I am sending you some of my contractions to help you along.
XoX

Thanks ladies :) Aussiemum that's really positive thanks :)

My mum told me earlier she was induced with her first (my bro) and she had him 6 hours later so here's hoping!

Snoopy, that does make sense about it going backwards cause I was ill (damn stomach bug!) I will do my best to relax! How they expect you to sleep on plastic sheets, with 1 sheet over you (which is all wet from the gel) I have no idea! I think the floor might be comfier right now!!

I've got a really bad back ache, and constant period type pains right at the bottom of my bump....could this be purely from being poked and prodded or could the gel itself have caused it?

Roll on 4am is all I say!!

It could be simply BH, it could be the start of real contractions, or it could just be you're sore from the exams. Not much help, am I? :p

Hopefully it's the start of proper contractions! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"