My induction *small update page 13*

hope it all gets moving for you soon hun x

Best of luck xxx
hope everything goes well for you and baby xxx

heya lady! how ya feeling? i hope a lil better! i soo hope you have your baby soon!!! good luck hunni!!! xoxoxo

Hey hun! Biggest hugs to you! Yup the gel can cause contrax which should start the dilation process. Has taken days for me before so there is no set time limit when...more hugs :)

Hey,

Have you had the second lot now?

It took two with me and i went from 0-3 cms dilated with no pain at all.

The gel can cause contractions for some ppl, everyones different.

I know first hand how disheartening it is when they say things like that, but honestly just try to stay calm(ish) all of this waiting and frustration will be forgotten when your little boy arrives xx

Thanks Purple that's good to know. I'm trying to be positive!!

Still not had 2nd lot.....when can I go and moan to someone??! It's an hour late and I know that's not long but I can't sleep cause I know it's coming.

Oh I just saw this now! How exciting that you will see your little boy soon! Keep us updated on how things are progressing! Hope things start progressing !
xx

So I just got so impatient I went and asked for my MW, she came in and said she was going to see us 1 hour ago but we were asleep (there's only 2 of us left, as 1 girl got sent home, and another paid 4 private room!)

Me and the other girl have both been up since about 3.30 as we knew we were gonna be checked at 4! I'm not quite sure who the MW saw asleep!!!!

HaHa - That story sounds a bit fishy! Did she check you at least??
xx

Haha I know!! I spoke to the other girl at half 3, then went back to bed, but we were both on our phones, so def not asleep!!!

The annoying MW keeps telling me off for not sleeping! I'm aware sleep is important but WAS planning on getting some proper sleep after the 4am check!!

I don't think I'll be falling back to sleep now as by the time we are don't it'll be nearly 7!!!

Also - "getting some rest" is harder than it looks! At first I couldn't sleep because I was sooo excited about seeing LO and nervous about what my labour was going to be like! They had me attached to the monitor too - like I could just catch a few zzs with that thing on!
But, unlike me I hope you can sleep a bit - I was dead tired later on!!
xx

:cry: :cry: ladies is it possible to leave hospital halfway through an induction??

I can't do this anymore. I just had another internal and it took her 10-15 times and she still couldn't find my cervix....I was crying from the pain and she kept telling me thisvwas nothing etc etc.

Sorry for TMI but she was so forceful she actually split my va jay jay.....I was expecting this at some point but I thought I'd be on drugs!!

She got another MW in who found my cervix straight away (so now I think the first MW was just being a bitch!) they didn't tell me anything except I'm no further dialted and I have a VERY postierior cervix.

Everytime I have an internal it gives me such bad cramps it hurts sooooo bad.

The question about leaving now is a genuine one.....I seriously do not wanna do this, I just want my body to do it naturally.

So so sorry hun :hugs:
I honestly have never been there so i dont know what you can and cannot do. But i would speak to the MW you found your cervix straight away and tell her you dont want that other MW helping you at all. :hugs:

Argh - I just posted a response and it disappeared!

I'm not sure if you can leave partway through an induction - I think it would be up to the hospital. I wasn't induced (though the OB on duty wanted to, given that I was early and my water had broken) i wasn't allowed to leave the hospital because of this.

Its crap though that the mw was so awful - you would think they would be good at finding a cervix. I do remember that every time I was checked my contractions were way more painful/intense after. At the end, I didn't want the mw to check me at all LOL
xx

I don't think you can leave hospital once you've been induced. Id ask for the 2nd midwife to do your internals, or you might get nicer onces at shift change over.
I was induced, i started contracting just before i was going to get my 2nd gel. After my 1st gel i was told to take walks around the hospital grounds. Which helped me as i was 13 floors up, and didnt use the lift lol
All the waiting is very hard :growlmad:, but you will have your baby soon.
I had most of my pain in my back whilst i was in labour, and my midwife ran me hot baths and they really helped.
The beds are very uncomfortable, i hated mine and i couldnt sleep at all in mine.

Hope things speed up for you, good luck :hugs:

Thanks ladies.

I've just locked myself in the loo so I can have a good cry. I've had my 2nd gel and I'm not even dialted yet and my cervix is unfavourable.

I just wanna go home :( I'm not strong enough to do this.

oh dear i dont blame you for wanting to leave, but, just remember that all the pain and all the stress is going to be soooo worth it when your little one is here. Good Luck, i hope that things start progressing for you soon. And you are strong enough, your just tired, and need support, when can your OH come back to be with you? You can do this, remember the great reward at the end of the tunnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->