My induction *small update page 13*

Just catching up - Crap that OH has caught the bug! Hope he will be better in time to catch all the action! And snowed in on top of everything - if nothing else, you'll have a crazy birth story to tell- and at the end a beautiful LO to show for it!
xx

The MW said my mums getting kicked out at ten, and if she can't get home (which I doubt she will) she has to sleep in reception, I feel so bad as she's old and can't handle that.

They'll kick out your birth partner when you're in labour?? That's terrible. :hugs:

hope things are going well for you!! :hugs: x

Why would they kick your birthing partner out when your in labor? That sounds so rude of the hospital. I hope your OH is feeling better soon so that he can make it back to the hospital in time for the birth. Good luck!!!!

Fingers crossed you get into active labour before closing time - then your birth partner can stay.

Keep positive and calm - it sounds like everything is going in the right direction and I really hope your little man is here really soon.

I know it's crap they'll kick her out!! Unless I'm in established labour they won't let her stay.

I'm contracting once every 5 minutes or so but they are not unbearable just painful!!

I'm considering refusing my next internal at 10pm as it's soooo painful...but my Mum says I can't!! Won't I look like a crazy physco refusing stuff?? Also MW said earlier I couldn't come off CTG due to legal reasons....what if they say the same about an internal??

Just came online to check your progress :)

How about you say "is the internal really necessary? I'd like to try and go without it" something along those lines. What is the internal for? Just to check how much you are dilated/effaced (I still get confused with all these terms!) I was told at my first ever MW appointment that I could refuse anything I wanted to, but I'm not sure whether she meant whilst in labour or just at the MW checks :shrug:

Sorry I'm not much help!!!

:hugs: xxx

I know it's crap they'll kick her out!! Unless I'm in established labour they won't let her stay.

I'm contracting once every 5 minutes or so but they are not unbearable just painful!!

I'm considering refusing my next internal at 10pm as it's soooo painful...but my Mum says I can't!! Won't I look like a crazy physco refusing stuff?? Also MW said earlier I couldn't come off CTG due to legal reasons....what if they say the same about an internal??

thats disgusting they will kick her out when shes your Birhting partner!
I would complain!
x

hope things kick up a gear soon so they dont kick your mum out. sucks that your OH is sick and will miss the birth

Don't they have a day room they could let people stay in who are stuck at the hospital, or a hospital restaurant? Surely the hospital must recognise that some visitors, not just your mum, are gonna be stuck there if the weather is that bad.
I would have thought the night matron/ manager for the hospital would need to make some provision for any visitors stranded at the hospital other than sleeping in reception!!

Sorry youve had some rubbish expereinces - good luck - hope he's here soon!

I really don't think they can force you to have an internal. You have the right to refuse anything you want. I wouldn't worry about looking like a psycho, either - this is your show, you're in charge!

I have been following this since last night but not said much. It is awful they will make your mum stay in reception. I heard there were meant to be family rooms at most hospitals. What a shame they couldnt at least get her a bed and if someone needs it then turf her out :haha: Usually in extreme cases they bend rules but you seem to be dealing with some stern mw's :grr:

I think you have every right to skip the internal if you feel it isnt necessary hun. But then again you may want it because you are curious as to how you are getting on. What sort of legal reasons could there be for not taking you off the machine. I would go mental not being able to walk around.

I hope OH gets well soon and that he is there to see LO born and that it doesnt take too long hun :hugs:

You are within ur rights to not have an internal (people refuse due to religious and personal reasons). I wud ask them not to do another one till you are really in pain with the labour coz by that point u wont feel it as much. When they do it all the time u can get really sore and some of them are really rough (i had a doc and students with my 1st and they all had a shot of feeling for my cerix!! If i cud go back i wud have refused but i was young and it was my 1st and i wasnt so confident). As for the monitors - they are necessary when u are being induced as baby is more at risk of being stressed so for babies sake u just have to put up with it. They will keep u on the monitor all the way through labour (i got a pulse monitor attachyed to babies head before she was born which was actually better coz i cud move about a bit better and they wouldnt lose the trace but u need to be a few cm's dilated for that and ur waters have to have gone. Ive had 3 inductions - all were quick so u might find once u get started it goes quickly and baby will be here at last. good luck - keep your spirits up and look forward to xmas day with ur wee bundle. xx

Hope everything is getting better and that labour is in full swing please keep us postrd

if you got a private room would she be able to stay? sayin that - how much are they?

hope things are progressing for you x

if you got a private room would she be able to stay? sayin that - how much are they?

hope things are progressing for you x

Prob not but i know at my hospital its £250 a night!!!! Its a joke for a bed and two wardbrobes and to b able to have more than one person visit you!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->