My itchy rash - a warning

Kazzap

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just thought I'd update about my PUPPPS condition since I had never heard of it before. You never know when someone else might be looking for info.

Well after another excrutiating night of itching and no sleep, it was back to the doc this morning for my regular check up. This doc was concerned about the rash and asked if I had had any itching on the palms of my hands or soles of my feet. Apparently this can mean something other than PUPPPS called cholestasis of pregnancy which is more serious and can be a threat to baby (its something to do with the liver and can increase risks of still birth). So she sent me off to have blood tests straight away and I have to go back Friday morning. Might end up having to be induced early.

She also talked about maybe inducing me early since the PUPPPS (which I think it is) is so bad and Ii am not sleeping etc. Gives me a tough decision though because obviously I want baby to come out when it is good and ready but at the same time I don't think I would last another 4 weeks with this rash if I went overdue. The only thing that will cure it is delivery! And I want to meet bubs of course!

But anyway I think it is important that you all know that if you do get a rash, talk to your doc about it and especially if the palms of your hands and/or soles of your feet are itchy. Knowledge is power!

Kaz x

Thanks for the heads up! Always a good thing to know. Hope you get some relief soon... :(

Thanks for the arning hunni. I hope it lets up soon:hugs:. But if not good luck with the induction :hug:
xx

Poor Kaz!
Sounds awful!
Pm me if you want a visit to take your mind off! :)

I suffered from it in my first pregnancy and the horrible part is there is no relief from it except delivery. I am sorry you have to go through that, I will share a photo of just how bad mine got.
Those are all scratches with just a few stretch marks tossed in. It started above my belly button and went to right above my pubic bone, the it was up my legs almost to my knees and all over my arms and back.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/reenygirl/mypics/preggo/tummy3.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/reenygirl/mypics/preggo/tummy1.jpg

My goodness, thanks for posting! Never heard of it. Ive got rashes on the crease of my arms but mines excema. Its really annoying. Good luck with everything

awww so sorry hun, thanks for the warning. good luck with the induction of you need one x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->