My Joyful Experience

littlepepper

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's Charlie here. I have a 3 years old daughter Nixie and I'm more than happy to be able to share my whole journey with you.
I got pregnant at the age of 16, with my long time boyfriend. We had been together for about 3 years and decided to do something special and, guess what... the condom broke.
I don't need to mention how frightened I was when I got the result of the pregnancy test. I was an overachiever, I had a bunch of plans for my future and I thought it all had to end.
Luckily, I had the support of my Mum and Dad. They didn't congratulate me, for sure, but they said they would be there for me and they did so. They provided money and help whenever I needed it.
The baby's father was too scared and he ran away. He was 18 at the time and he simply decided to move to LA, in order to attend UCLA. ( I live in NYC)
I lived with my parents until I graduated from high school and then I found a job, started University classes, found us an apartment and took Nixie with me.
It gets extremely hard sometimes. I juggle between a crappy waitress job ( crappy, but pays bills), studying full time and raising my daughter, but I was lucky enough to have Mum and Dad by my side.
Nixie and I live in an comfortable 1-bedroom apartment in Brooklyn Heights and at this point I can say I'm really happy.
Sometimes I think I can't make it, but then I look at my beautiful daughter and I know it's all worth it.
Thank you for taking your time to read this. :))))

-Charlie

Nixie is such a cute name!
I'm sorry FOB didnt stick around, you sound lovely and deserve someone who would have been there to help :flower:
It's girls like you that show that just because we're young doesnt mean we cant do it.
thank you for sharing your story.

Yeah nixie is a beautifull name :flow:
You should be proud of your self for doing so well :hugs:

That's an awesome story. Thank you for sharing. I'm really skeptical about whether or not FOB and I are gonna make it (whether he is really gonna stick around). It's encouraging to read stories like yours. You were able to do it on your own- with the help of your parents. My dad lives elsewhere and my mom had me move out because of my pregnancy. But I think after the baby is born, she will really come around. Doing it alone is a very scary idea. But you made it work and are making a lot out of your life. Rock on!

This has inspired me so much because I am going through exactly what you are going through, both parents are helping me out for 2 years so I can finish off my apprenticeship and then get back to working and me and my baby can move out. They didn't congratulate me either, but they are excited now (well at least getting there). You are such a great woman doing it without your child's father, has he been in contact since?

Because my child's father has ran away too, although when I last spoke to him he said we were still together. He lies a lot. He told me he can't do it, and he wants an abortion, he's leaving me to handle this all by myself :( And most girls on this forum have the support of their loving partners where as a few of us have no one, and it's so good to hear your story, it makes me feel better and makes me feel like I am not a lone and that I can do it. So thank you so much for this post, you really are great. :hugs:

This has inspired me so much because I am going through exactly what you are going through, both parents are helping me out for 2 years so I can finish off my apprenticeship and then get back to working and me and my baby can move out. They didn't congratulate me either, but they are excited now (well at least getting there). You are such a great woman doing it without your child's father, has he been in contact since?

Because my child's father has ran away too, although when I last spoke to him he said we were still together. He lies a lot. He told me he can't do it, and he wants an abortion, he's leaving me to handle this all by myself :( And most girls on this forum have the support of their loving partners where as a few of us have no one, and it's so good to hear your story, it makes me feel better and makes me feel like I am not a lone and that I can do it. So thank you so much for this post, you really are great. :hugs:

- We are in contact, he sends me around 100 dollars every month, which absolutely doesn't help, but, okay... He's on his last year of college, I understand he doesn't have the money. The one thing I can't forgive him is the fact that during my pregnancy and Nixie's first year, we didn't know if he was even alive. He changed his number, ignored all the emails.. He only saw his child twice and, to be honest, I don't need him.
At first I thought I couldn't do it on my own, but, as time went by, I started to realize I'm perfectly fine by myself.
All I can say is - be strong, girl! You can do it. I did, a lot of other women did it, you can do it too! :)

By the way, thank you guys for your wonderful responses. I'm so glad you found my story inspiring. :hugs:

- We are in contact, he sends me around 100 dollars every month, which absolutely doesn't help, but, okay... He's on his last year of college, I understand he doesn't have the money. The one thing I can't forgive him is the fact that during my pregnancy and Nixie's first year, we didn't know if he was even alive. He changed his number, ignored all the emails.. He only saw his child twice and, to be honest, I don't need him.
At first I thought I couldn't do it on my own, but, as time went by, I started to realize I'm perfectly fine by myself.
All I can say is - be strong, girl! You can do it. I did, a lot of other women did it, you can do it too! :)

By the way, thank you guys for your wonderful responses. I'm so glad you found my story inspiring. :hugs:

Aww well it's good to know he came back:happydance: And thank you so much, I know I can do it I am starting to have faith in myself :) xx

Thank you for sharing your story! Even with a supportive OH, I still worry a lot of times if I am going to be able to do this. I think my biggest fear is that I will let my daughter down-- that if I could disappoint so many people in my life, whats to say I won't disappoint her, too? :( I know that if you can do it, without a supportive OH, that I should be able to do it, too.
Thanks again for sharing! I hope that things continue to look up for you and your daughter! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->