My kitchen

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Following Weestar, we're also getting a new kitchen!! :lol:

For those of you who don't know, we had an emergency move by the council from a private rented house 4 days before Charlie was born. :roll: Unfortunately, they had nowhere permanent to put us, so we are in a 2 bed flat meant for an elderly disabled person! :shock: We are classed as homeless but have said it may be another year before we can be anywhere permanent.

Anyway - part of the Decent Homes project means that we are getting a new kitchen. And because we are the current tenants, they have designed it around us! :lol: We have had the design, chose the colours, and I've just had a letter pushed through the door saying that it will be w/c 22nd January! :lol:

This is the current state of the kitchen. Please ignore the clutter, but I had a 22foot square kitchen in my old house!

This is the right hand side of the new plan:
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/PB140015.jpg

This is the top of the new plan (cooker is staying in same place)
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/PB140014.jpg

And this is the bottom of the plan:
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/PB140013.jpg

And this is the new plan:
https://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/famanda33/scan-1.jpg
We will have so much more cupboard space :lol: , can put my saucapans away :lol: , I'll actually have worktop space to dish the dinner up :lol: .

The only thing to worry about now is where to put all my bloody stuff while they are doing it!!! We've got no spare rooms, no garage, no attic, no garden, no shed. ArrGGH!! :shock: :lol:

that will look fab amanda :wink: have you seen my pics? :lol: :lol: alot of mess but its slowly coming together now :D

if u want add me to msn and i'll send you the pics from their :wink:

take care hun
xxx

It will look brilliant ! post pics when its all done ! :)

Well, we're not having it now. :roll:

I didn't realise that it would take 3 weeks to do, and during that time, we would have to have the fridge/freezer, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, plus everything else from the kitchen - in the living room! :shock: No washing or cooking for 3 weeks!!! With 2 kids!!!! :shock: :shock: And I have a 4 metre square living room that's already got too much in! :shock:

As we're hoping to be moved in the Spring (that's what they've told me), I don't want a 3 week nightmare. If we were going to be here for a year or more, I'd get it done, but I can live with what we've got for now.

Oh well! :roll:

Weestar - how did you cope!! :lol:

ahh thats a bit of a bummer. would be a nightmare though. i can just about move in my house its so crammed with kids bits etc nd mine is 3 bedroom

amanda hun that isnt true will post back in 10 mins feeding colby, will explaine why its not true dont panic hun brb

xxxxx

right im back sorry if this don tmake any sence got colby helping me :lol:

Ok it said in our letter the kitchen had to be emptied but its not true (the home happening people who done ours explained that its impossible to have everything out of yur kitchen and they always work round about it :wink: ) when it comes to cleari ng out your cupboards ect you have to makesure they are empty or anything that gets left will go in the bin :oops:
in our livingroom we took the fridge kettle toaster and microwave everything else was left in the kitchen :D

it honestly wasnt a problem as they are the ones who un plumb and re plumb your washing machine ect and re connect your cooker so hun honestly you dont have to have everything out your kitchen.

we went withought a washing machione for a max of 3 days :D but each night the have to have your cooker on :wink: i wasnt botherd becayuse i hadnt used it in 3 months cps it was b rand new and i didnt want them taking it in and out all the time :lol:

sorry if this doesnt help or you donr understand a word :lol: :lol:

but w0ill try get backon later to explaine better
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thats completely different to what they told me. They even offered to lend us a baby belling as we'd be without cooking facilities for so long!

Weestar - your kitchen much bigger than ours hun. I think thats why they are insisting everything is removed. If there's anything still in mine, they wouldn't have room to work. :roll:

aww hun im so sorry :(

thast a bummer, but you cant be withought your cooker for so long either so maybe its for the best till hopefully you get another house ASAP :wink:

good luck hunny
xxxxxxxxx

Yeh, I'm resigned to it now. :(

I can just sit here and listen to the noise from the others getting theirs done :roll:

well just think that when their house is freezing co teh workmen keep leaving the doors open and when their contantly cleaning dust you'll be in your warm home thinking

HAHAHAHA cos theyw ill be moaning :lol: :lol:

That's a shame. Let's hope you get that move ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->