my labradour dog and having a baby...

i think you just have to be firm from the beginning hunni. dogs are pack animals and you shud be the leader of the pack!

we have a rescue staffie boy (i guarantee you a few people reading that will do the whole "omg vicious dog" thing) but he is not vicious in anyway.... infact he was put in a black bin bag by hus previous owner and kicked repeatedly to try and make him vicous!

he is however very energetic and inquisitive. i asked my MW what was best to do and she told me to get OH to bring some blankets/baby gros home from the hospital for him to smell first. and then when we go home, for me to go in house first while OH is outside with baby and make a big fuss f him, then oh go in, then all together.

We bought baby gates aswell now so we can control where the dog goes and since i was about 20weeks he is only allowed in the lounge in the evening and not allowed upstairs. so he is used to this now rather than him thinking its because of the baby.

hope that made sense.

xxx

yay for a fellow staffie owner :happydance: i have two and so bloody tired of the staffie and a baby lecture!!! mainly coming from people who have never had a staffie!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->