~* My Little Mans Arrival! *~

xAmberLFCx

Wife,Mummy & Pregnant :)
Reaction score
Sorry it has taken me a while to get round to writing my birth story but here we go...

On Wednesday 30th November i woke up feelin the urge to clean like crazy..so my OH was out the door at 5.45am & there was me at 6.30am cleaning the flat like a man woman! Around 10am i got myself ready & spent the day at my mum and dads just chilling out..I didn't feel 100% but wasn't sure why..
That night i went to bed watching One Tree Hill:haha: and eventually fell asleep....I woke up around 1am (1st Dec) with like a trickle feeling..at first i thought 'shit..i've wet myself :rofl: .. so off to the bathroom i went..but when i smelt my PJ bottoms and it didn't smell like piss and it was clear and not yellow! The first thing i did was come on here to see if any of the girls were awake..I think Kerri & Katie were up doing their night feeds & i wrote saying i think my waters have broken:haha: I remember texting Katie asking for advice & she told me to call L&D.. So i woke my OH up and told him i thought my waters had gone.. he bolted up and was like 'REALLY?!' then fell back to sleep:dohh: I called L&D & they told me to come in to be checked out..So around 3am i was on my way to the hospital which is around 20 min drive away...I was taken to a side room where a bit of a moody midwife asked me what had happened...so i explained everything and she said she was gunna examine me by putting this big plastic thing up me & that i had to cough to see if any waters trickled out...well of course when i did NOTHING come out so she was like 'well i can't see any waters so you need to go home and call us if u have any more concerns...' she made me feel stupid like i had lied about my waters going :grr:
So off we went back home this was around 6am .. by then i started getting slight back pains while i was in the hospital and they gradually started getting stronger.. in the car on the way home i started feeling very uncomfortable and i knew something was happening, i said to my OH that i was getting really bad backache & he told me to get straight in the bath...so i stripped off & looked down and my bloody show was everywhere :sick: i jumped in the bath and it helped for a bit but after a while they were just getting worse and worse and i didn't think i could cope!! I rang the hospital and a nice MW was calming me on the phone telling me if i needed to come in i could but i was better off staying at home until they were closer together...she then told me to ring her back in half an hour (this was around 8am) well by then i completley shut off in my own world away from OH and i was breathing through the contractions fine until my mum bless her come into the bedroom to check if i was alright and ruined my little bubble:haha: then i needed to call the hospital to tell them i was coming.. so at 12.30 i was on my way to the hospital again..but this time in bloody agony! When i got there they were waiting for me & a nice midwife examined me and said 'u are 4cms!!' i was sooo happy in a wierd way as i was expecting her to say i was only 1cm :rofl: she then told me the birth pool room was free and if i wanted any pain relief to which i said GAS AND AIR PLEASEEEE :haha:

I got in the pool and was just chatting to OH, Mum and the MW but when a contraction came..ignored everyone and puffed on that G&A :haha: I was probably in the pool for around 3-4 hours and at around 5ish i felt the urge to push...the MW got me out to check to see if i was fully dilated to which i was!! :D But said i couldnt get back in the water as i was getting a temp and baby was getting a little distressed! I started pushing for about an hour but he wouldnt get past a certain point :( so then she got about another 3 MWs in plus a doctor as they kept saying 'we need to get this baby out' by then i was bloody nackered and was getting dehydrated so they put me on a drip and the doctor lady kept shoving her hand up my vajayjay which was bloody painful:cry: Poor OH was in tears seeing me in such agony! they then said they needed to cut me to use the suction thing to help him out..from there was a bit of a blur...i just remember the doctor at the bottom of the bed with the suction thing and i remember thinking 'right im gunna get this baby out as shes helping me' i pushed as hard as i could & felt the ring of fire!!! then another push and he was out screaming his head off & was put straight on me...me and OH was booing our eyes out so was my mum...My little man was just perfect and i couldn't believe he was finally here 1 day early!

Lucas Michael Thomas..Born December 1st 2011 at 6.57pm weighing 8lb 8oz - :cloud9:

024.jpg

Yayy Loved reading your birth story .... Well done honey!!! xx

Lucas is perfect you must be so proud!! xx
Off to your parenting journal now for a good stalking !! xx

Congratulations again xx

Wow congrats hun he is such a sweetie.. You must be so proud of him..

Loved reading your birth story, im so jealous you got to use the pool.. He was a very good weight to. xx

yay, well done!! sounds overall like a positive birth and he is gorgeous!!

awww Amber what a lovely story :') an hour pushing bloody hell! he is gorgeous, massive congratulations honey xx

Gorgeous birth story! Sounds like a lovely labour! I feel so honoured to have helped you out :) I was so excited!

Congratulations xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->