My LO is only 10 weeks and I'm trapped

leanne_h_89

Reaction score
I really need to get out more, trouble is I feel really confident with my LO till I'm around strangers. I look alot younger than I am and feel like I'm constantly being judged (and not in a good way).
I spend my days at home with LO, I live in a first floor flat and find it a nightmare getting myself and LO out. We have a big cupboard downstairs which we cleaned out and keep the pram in, but then if I want to go out in the car what am I meant to do?! Get myself and LO down the steep stairs in his heavy carseat, somehow get the pram from the cupboard to the car along with LO and his things.
My back feels like it's breaking :(
We currently live in council housing on the same street as MIL, around the corner from GIL across the street from his Auntie's. I tell OH I want to apply for a house but he says we don't have a leg to stand on and they won't rehouse us.
I love our flat it's beautifully decorated, our rooms are lovely sizes (though we have no storage cupboards at all really). I feel like he doesn't appreciate how difficult it is for me. He tells me to call his mum to help me but I don't want her to see LO everyday because she helped us out alot in the start and was here everyday and starting to drive me crazy. I can't buy anything when I go out because I can't carry it, and OH works full time so we have to get everything when he's off.
I keep telling him it's only going to get harder because LO is only going to get heavier for me but we always end up arguing over the matter.

I had alot of back problems during pregnancy and they've escalated since having Brody. I'm going crazy staying in these four walls but I'm avoiding going out because it's just so difficult. I feel like I've never really had a chance to build my confidence with LO because of all of this too.

Sorry for such a rant but I needed to vent without causing another argument with OH! lol x

why dont you get a sling? ive got the moby wrap and its just so easy to put on, get leo in and be out the door in 5 mins! also look at going to some sure start groups. dont feel self confident hun, it doesnt matter whether you are old or young, you are still a mummy and need to get out of the house!

dont think about other people just get out and have fun with brody!xxx

What i do is keep the carseat in car strapped in ready to go and pram stays in boot of car. I then just carry lo and our bag out to car when we go out and same back into house x

Or keep the pram in the car?

I often use the bus as it's easier than trying to park somewhere I can get the car seat out.

I also use a baby carrier, which is great except when you need the loo and are out on your own... Lol

I'm on a third floor flat, I just leave my pram and car seat in the car and carry him up in my arms, no way I cud carry him in the car seat but I'm used to it and it works :thumbup:

Is there anyway you can store the pram in the car? That's what we do, cos I live on the 1st floor. Then when I want to drive, it's in the car, or if I want to walk, I take DD down, pop her in the car seat til I get the pram set up, pop her in and off we go! :) I'm starting to leave car seat in the car too as I have back problems!
If you dont want to leave it in overnight, could your oh not take it out the cupboard in the morning and put it in the car the days you want to go out?
Hope you manage to get out, you'll feel much better! :hugs:

Is there anyway you can store the pram in the car? That's what we do, cos I live on the 1st floor. Then when I want to drive, it's in the car, or if I want to walk, I take DD down, pop her in the car seat til I get the pram set up, pop her in and off we go! :) I'm starting to leave car seat in the car too as I have back problems!
If you dont want to leave it in overnight, could your oh not take it out the cupboard in the morning and put it in the car the days you want to go out?
Hope you manage to get out, you'll feel much better! :hugs:

Think I will definately give this a go! thanks so much x

why dont you get a sling? ive got the moby wrap and its just so easy to put on, get leo in and be out the door in 5 mins! also look at going to some sure start groups. dont feel self confident hun, it doesnt matter whether you are old or young, you are still a mummy and need to get out of the house!

dont think about other people just get out and have fun with brody!xxx

Amen to all the above!! Xx:thumbup:

Pram stays in boot, cars seat remains strapped in. Just carry your LO to your flat!

I know how you feel... I ended up purchasing a moby wrap and it's alot easier than carrying around a big carseat.. I actually keep a diaper bag in the car with clean bottles and batteries just incase i need to express and give it to her... that way when it's time to go i only need to worry about getting her and going. :hugs: as much as i hate to admit it, it really does get easier.. I still freak and feel like everyones head turns when she yells while we're out in public but I have to remember to relax because lo can pick up on my feelings. :hug:

Agree with ladies suggestions so far.

Also I got hooks for my pram handle made by happy mummy on amazon. So if I buy anything I can hang the bags from them. And if it is a lot I leave it in the car till oh is home to bring it up to flat

I agree with the others. My pram has hooks but if you are worried what to do with the shopping when you get back to the flat how about a cheap rucksack? You can sling it over the handles of the pram while shopping, then when you are ready to carry LO up to the flat you can put it securely on your back by both straps (as long as you haven't been buying weights or gold bars or anything!:haha:).

I agree about sure start groups too, there are so many different "types" of Mum there I've never felt judged. And anyway they are strangers to you at the moment, what does their opinion matter??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->