My LO keeps hitting - getting really bad now

fruity

Reaction score
My LO is big for her age and she has for the last 4 months or so been guilty of hitting. She is 21 months now. She regularly hits us, her friend and the nursery staff. It is always when she is being told No or being diverted from something she see's as good fun or when she wants her own space.

It is actually getting very bad and she does not get bothered by time out. She never seems remorseful at all. I always make her apologise but her little friend is actually now scared of her.

It is very upsetting to see her hurt other children. She isn't bothered when i tell her No we don't hit either.

Any suggestions? I feel mortified.

I have this too, DD is 27 months and very strong. She can do a lot of damage and it's really embarrassing when she does it to other children. When I'm at home I just put her somewhere safe (sofa or something) until she stops lashing out.

Nothing has actually worked for us, I've tried being nice, telling her off, explaining what shes doing, showing where she;s hurt me etc but to no avail. I put it down to frustration and an inability to express herself properly yet.

I know it can be really difficult :hugs: but try not to let it get to you. Ignore it as much as you can, I'm sure she'll grow out of it. Sorry if I've been no help, but you're not alone! x

Thanks,
I really am getting down about it. She has been in trouble at nursery for hitting thestaf when they tell her no but she does pick on her friend. To be honest, I am surprised her Mum still wants to mix with us. It is really easy for people with calm children to judge but it is so exhausting emotionally to se your child misbehave and need redirection ALL day.

I realise she can't communicate they way she wants to yet and so lashing out is her way of saying back off when people are in her face but her beaviour is inexcusable. I am so upset andfeel like withdrawing her from her groups but then she won't ever learn.

If anyone has any coping tips or advice I would be very grateful

Have you tried removing her when she does this. I dont just mean time outs I mean leaving.

Has nursery suggested or implimented anything with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->