My LO seems so unhappy all the time :0(

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by tina3747, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tina3747

tina3747 Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!

My baby boy is only 3wks old and maybe for the last 2 he just seems so angry and unhappy.when he wakes up there's no gentle come around he literally screams his head off, practically starts the cry ready in his sleep!! Then he starts knawing his hand off, which it's probably only 10 mins since his last feed! If he's awake he's hungry, sleeping is the only time he's not eating.he's gaining weight so I know he's getting enough from me and I've also introduced a bottle of formula around 1pm just to have a break as he goes 3 hrs with that. He's never just chilling, always crying or chewing his hand, car seat straps, t shirt or my face! I've bought some colic drops today in hope it could be that. My first son was so chilled out, very easy baby. Just feel hopeless at the moment, no idea how to sooth him or just chill him a bit. Screams at baths, nappy changes and getting dressed too. Anyone elses gone through this??

2. ginny

ginny Well-Known Member

Big hugs to you, this is my first so I can't compare to any others Ive had but I do remember thinking for the first week, oh this is easy as he slept alot and barely cried and then we hit 3 weeks and it all changed, I was more knackered as the sleepless nights had hit home and my hubby went back to work. My baby cried alot but I formula fed so I can't be much help on the feeding front, have you spoken to you HV as to there being an underlying cause such as wind maybe? God I sound useless but didn't want to read and run as I know how it feels at the early stage, my DH and I now lovingly refer to the first 6 weeks as 'the dark days' although we were so happy, I felt so tired and upset when he cried, it was really stressful. Maybe you could post in BF section about feeding? They'll be able to help you more and they're lovely xxx

3. Babushka99

Babushka99 Well-Known Member

My daughter is just like this, she cries lots for no reason at all. I'm just hoping she will grow out of it really.