My Middle Son

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Jayden, my almost 7 year old, is going through something right now and I think it's the "middle child" syndrome. Amanda is 8 1/2 and hasn't been spending time with him anymore. When she talks to him, it's rude as well...go away, leave me alone, etc. Jayden is a mommy's boy too and Chase has been taking his attention away too.

He's the type that he's persistent and doesn't take no for an answer, and often he can get in someone's bubble to piss them off. I guess negative attention is better than none for him.

Another thing is, he got into more trouble and gets disciplined more. So I think he's feeling pretty left out. You can see in his speech (he was better than Amanda at talking at 2 years of age) that he's digressed some due to lack of confidence.

Yesterday he wanted me to download a game to his DS. I said no (I had done so the day before) so he hit things onto the floor from the table. Proceeded to go into the other room eating a snack and then came back to where I was and threw his garbage on the floor. I was pissed off. Thing is, I was busy booking his birthday party. And another is, he consistently asked me over and over again (which he does often when he wants something) and it drove me nuts.

Amanda was to be at ball hockey practice so I loaded her and Chase into the car and drove around the block, leaving Jayden at home. Hoping that would scare him, which it did.

Dan wants his sugars tested to see if he is pre-diabetic because Jayden seems to have no focus at times. I will do this. But what I think is when he is in trouble, he blocks it out and loses focus.

I feel for the little guy but he can be so frustrating too.

awww :hug: to you and to Jayden!
im a middle child, its crap because you can sometimes feel like the older child gets to do EVERYTHING you want to do first (they do incredibly annoying :growlmad:) or they get away with doing certain things that you dont.

And the youngest is classically the "favourite" even though thats not true.

I hope he grows out of it, "middle child" syndrome is a great name for it though! :thumbup:

I'm a middle child and was exactly the same I think it is an attention thing as although most likely not true oldest was baby when first born til whenever middle one comes they are then olny baby for a few years with shared attention then baby number 3 comes then are the baby for the rest of the time iykwim, on the plus side I grew out of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->