My mother has got me thinking...

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
So I'm always thirsty, I have been for weeks and weeks I drink pint after pint of water probably 10 a day sometimes more, and I generally feel pretty shit. My past few urine tests from my midwife and at the hospital have all come back with glucose +++ it says in my notes, they've asked me what have I eaten or drank, and I say water, that's all I drink really or the odd glass of milk or juice but not every single day, I'm not a chocolate lover so I dont eat that often at all, im mainly savory you know crisps that sort of thing lol and they just said oh okay, and that was that! I saw my mum today and she said how awful I looked, and I said I just feel so dehydrated and I keep getting headaches from being dehydrated, then I thought, I drink 10 bloody pints of water or more a day, how am I possibly dehydrated, only to remember about the last.... 4ish urine samples have all had glucose+++.

Surely I should have either been spoken to about this, referred to someone, or at least got given advice? I've never had this before, the odd bit of glucose in previous pregnancies but I probably did down a bit to much lucozade before hand.

Should I mention this to someone asap? What are the complications? I'm so baffled right now!

I would definitely speak to someone about it and get a second opinion. The only time I had a trace of glucose in my urine they made me do the tests to rule out things

I would get checked out to be on the safe side and see if the midwife can do some more tests to make sure <3

That’s awful. I had gd was tested immediately after measuring ahead and +++ sample.

Main symptoms fatigue, brain fog and thirst.

That’s awful. I had gd was tested immediately after measuring ahead and +++ sample.

Main symptoms fatigue, brain fog and thirst.

These are also symptoms I have!

I see my midwife on Monday I'll speak to her about it then hopefully it was just one of those things and I dont have it, but strange how its clearly been picked up but nothing said about it!

I was young, skinny and had no family history when I had it and it wasn’t picked up until 36 weeks. But I wasn’t presenting with glucose in my urine until then.

If you know someone with a blood sugar test kit I would check yourself out.

Fasting should really be 6 (ideally lower), after food, after an hour it should be under 7.8 and down to 6 within 2 hours.

Maybe try eating low gi food - avoid white carbs, sweets and juice and you may feel instantly much better.

I was young, skinny and had no family history when I had it and it wasn’t picked up until 36 weeks. But I wasn’t presenting with glucose in my urine until then.

If you know someone with a blood sugar test kit I would check yourself out.

Fasting should really be 6 (ideally lower), after food, after an hour it should be under 7.8 and down to 6 within 2 hours.

Maybe try eating low gi food - avoid white carbs, sweets and juice and you may feel instantly much better.

Thank you! Maybe then it's because I haven't put on weight that they are not concerned? When you have GD dont you put weight on? Or is it the baby? He was averaging around 5lb at 30 weeks which is all around the same time as getting positive glucose tests, maybe the glucose tests started at 28 weeks though. I dont know much about this really, I've never had it!

Hi hon did u not have a glucose intolerance test? I had one at 28 weeks due to being high risk. I'm not sure if they offer it in normol healthy pregnancies. Definitely mention it to ure midwife hon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->