My mother-in-law has only gone and announced our news to the world!

orbsone

Reaction score
I'm disgusted,
disappointed,
furious,
My own mother doesn't even know yet!

We only told her because we thought we could trust her...:growlmad:

Oh that's dreadful :(
I'd be so angry if someone did that

Aw, that's so bad. I knew my MIL would be too happy to keep the news to herself (FIL too), so we didn't tell them till 8 weeks, when we told absolutely everyone.
It's your news to break to the world. I'm sorry she did that. :(

so sorry she has spoilt telling people for you.
i hope you have told her how upset you are
:hugs:

Do you know why she has gone and done that without your consent? :hugs:

Mine did the same even though we told OHs parents to keep it quite until 12 weeks, sooo cross at her too.

My bf's mum told everyone too - thankfully his family are in another country, so I was able to laugh about it... Having said that, I've just flown out to him, and the first thing his aunt said was "So, are you pregnant or not hmm?" - this is the first time I've met her! I was pretty shocked LOL I think some of it is simply that they don't have that 'must wait til the scan' rule that we have, and are simply more hmm enthusiastic about the whole thing than I expected ;)

My mother went and told my brother... that was after I had had the it is our news to tell discussion when I stoped her from telling my gran.. I was fuming

to get my own back I have told her hairdresser, who is a friend of mine so she already knows when she next goes all excited :haha: (with an evil cakkle)

I can't believe she did that!! That is horrible! I would be soooo upset:( sorry to hear that! :hugs:

my dad did the same, put it on facebook when OHs parents didnt know x

Aww im sorry hun try not to let it spoil your day, I was livid when Oh's friends told everyone

thats out of order, I hope your OH has given her a bollocking!

My MIL did the same thing. We were at a cottage retreat when we told them, and everyone at the retreat knew by the next morning! Grrr. In fact, she introduced me as OH's PREGNANT girlfriend. Hello, nice to meet you! lol
I gave her strict instructions not to tell ANYONE for the next few days, so we could make the announcement in person to my parents, who live 2 hours away. Every couple of hours, she called me and asked "can I tell people yet?!" Grrr. I told her I would let her know! So I kept saying "NO!" for a few extra days, even after everyone knew! lol

OMG! I can't believe so many people's in laws can be so rude! I'm so glad mine have asked before they've told anyone, told them theres not long now and they can tell the world but only once ive had my scan!

oh sweetie, I totally understand, it wasn't her news to tell, but be kind to her, she is very excited for you and it's a wonderful thing that she is. Some MIL won't take the news so happily, I would just appreciate that she was so happy she couldn't hold it :) You're in it for a long run, I wouldn't stir trouble just yet :)

That is such crap that she did that. You wait your whole life to be able to tell certain people that you are pregnant and then someone totally ruins it for you. Maybe SHE has someone blab about her pregnancy and she just wanted to get the world back for that? Which is a total bummer too, if that happened to her.

I'm really sorry that happened. Makes me sad for you. I hope you talked to her about it as well. Don't let it fester, just have a talk tell her it upset you and be done with it. Don't pretend like it doesn't bother you if it does!

We have only told very few people. Been DYING to tell my mom but this might be too much for her to keep to herself. Our first appointment is Tuesday and I will probably finally tell her after that and beg and plead for complete secrecy for the next 3 weeks. We'll see!

That is awful sweetie. She had no right to tell anyone, thats your news to tell and no one elses.
One of my friends did the very same thing to me last year when I fell pregnant. I was gutted!! So glad I've managed to keep it quiet this time round.

:hugs:

Oh gosh! That kinda reminds me of my mother-in-law. we told her at 5 weeks i was pregnant and to keep it a secret until I had my ultrasound at 7 weeks. Well, she told the whole world. Now I know better never to tell her a secret again as she is horrible in keeping them from anyone. Made me mad too, but at least now we know better!

shame on her.
she stole your thunder.

i'm so sorry.

ssooo like my other Halfs Family :mad:

I went to other Hair dresser yday for the 1st time since March
and i had decided i was going to keep news on QT until i reached 4-5mth
so i hit the 4mth mark yday
so i decided to tell the friend that does my Hair

and she was likeeee awwahhh congrats delighted for you
heard that WEEKS AND WEEKS ago nd jus didnt no rather to say to you or not
LIKE OMFG.....

i only told MIL to be when i was almost 11wks
cus i had to try hide a obv bump at 11wks and was hard to keep hiding
so we told her.. and she told the rest of the family (who we asked her not to tell until i had my private scan over at 13+6) and that famiy told others and others gossiped
and what do you know ..its comming back to me , dunno how many ppl have said to be i hear you expecting, or i hear congrats is in order..

i know exactly how you feeling..
there unf**king real.. excuse my lanugage..but am angry myself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"