my mum stumped me today......

kittycrazy

Reaction score
so long story short im having my sterilisation reversed in 3 weeks and my family have lots of very very good reasons to be exceptionally worried about it to be honest. my mum has taken some time to get used to the idea. my kids are 16 and 9 and im 37. so today she says to me if we are going to have another one we should then have another after that!!!!!!!!
she has some idea it would need another one to grow up with. im so shocked its untrue. does anyone else think its odd after weeks of her trying to convince me not to do it?

Im sure she has always had your best interests at heart, as all mums do. She has probably changed her tune now she realises you are serious, and maybe its her way of saying 'i support you' and however many more babies you'd like to have. Looks like you have a big age gap between your two children already though so im not sure why she would feel that the new baby would need someone to grow up with. Funny things mums lol

. Looks like you have a big age gap between your two children already though so im not sure why she would feel that the new baby would need someone to grow up with. Funny things mums lol

yes that was my thought. the only thing i can think is cos my son has a cousin( my brothers daughter) who is three months older and they are like twins, go to the same school and if they miss a day together they have to talk on the phone. whereas i was young when i had my daughter and shes the oldest child in the family. im pleased my mum seems to be on board now but it just seems so strange.
and then later on last night my dad had a bit of a rant( not in a bad way but he has a head injury so can get stressed and confused) about "history repeating itself". His mum, my grandma, had a child at the same time as her eldest. so my dad has decided my 16 year old is going to go out and get pregnant somehow. its not a conversation i want to have with her grandad but i had to reassure him that my daughter and her boyfriend of more than a year are using both condoms and she is on the pill and so theres not much more i can do. shes very driven about her future so i know she wouldnt have one of those accidental on purpose pregnancies some teens tend to have. at least we are a family that talk i guess. lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->