my nesting list

Scratch mittens? Unless the baby gros have them built on?

I haven't bought a thing.
I REALLY should start on that.

I guess you must have a changing mat too? (maybe its there and I've not seen it ><)

P.S. Found this if it helps at all, but some of it seems unecessary:
https://www.onlineorganizing.com/ExpertAdviceToolboxTips.asp?tipsheet=83

One of the 'good' consequences of my brain surgery is that i've been told quite firmly no work for 6 months - I'm a massage therapist so my work is quite physically demanding. Soooo Im getting income support/incapacity benefit right now (not that I particularly want to). Butttt you get a £500 grant at 29 weeks pregnancy if you are on IS/JSA which will come in very very handy. So thats the reason we've gone all out bought stuff now.

We've deliberately not bought breast pumps/bottles yet cos we are not sure what the feeding situation is going to be. Amy is going to try to breast feed, but she has a suspicion she wont be able to. Her mum produced absolutely no milk at all and she thinks she will follow suit. So we are on wait and see on the pump/bottles.

I'll def get some more baby grows though.

Can i just be cheeky and ask do you get that grant if both parents are claiming or just one or does it work off how much the one who is working earns? Its just that my fella has been made redundent and im working fulltime, we need all the money we can get our hands on as my wages are rubbish. Sorry to hijack thread, feel free to pm me if you prefer!? x

It depends on how much you are earning. Message me your income details and I'll work it out for you.

There are also certain conditions you can get it while on tax credits too. I dont want to go into your personal details on here so just drop me a line.

DOH I forgot to list changing mat. Ye course I got one. Didnt think of scratch mits though thanks for that.

so organised!!!!
i need to make a list of what i need to buy, but no idea where to even start!!!

Sorry if it has already been said, but you might want a thermometer for baby's room, and one for the bath water?
Also, how about a little grooming kit? They tend to have a brush, nail clippers & a thermometer to take baby's temp with.

I don't know if you can check with your hospital, but ours will only let you use cotton wool on baby whilst you're there, so you may want to get some of that too. It's also useful for top 'n' tailing baby once you're home.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->