my new trick...to stop bf'ing

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
i used to try to put something else on my nipple but he sucked it all and i've been trying for a long time...now he's nearly 3 :wacko: and when i was brushing my teeth a couple of nights ago i had this idea of putting the toothpaste (just a little bit) on my nipples and as soon as he tasted it he stopped wanting it right away.

today he asked for it once and when he tasted it he said "doesn;'t taste good" lol and he haven't asked again since then....

:haha:
Poor lo! That must have been a bit of a shock!

:haha:
Poor lo! That must have been a bit of a shock!

i know. he got quite frustrated last night. he tried again and said "spicy milk", and he woke up very early as well.i had to distract him with elmo and barney songs

I read something somewhere (so helpful me :smug::roll:) about someone who wanted to stop. She drew lines on her boobs with a marker and told her toddler that boobies were sick and needed some time to get better. After about a week her toddler had lost interest (and presumably the marker had washed off :haha:).

I read something somewhere (so helpful me :smug::roll:) about someone who wanted to stop. She drew lines on her boobs with a marker and told her toddler that boobies were sick and needed some time to get better. After about a week her toddler had lost interest (and presumably the marker had washed off :haha:).

i read on Thai website, this mummy put the horror mask over her boobs and it scared her son away (which i thought it's a bit too shocking )

last night (around 2-3 am.)when Lincoln couldn't have boobies he asked for mango instead :dohh: yesterday he asked for sticky rice and grilled chicken instead of boobies =D>

Emma loves toothpaste. I think that one wouldn't work for us. :haha: I've read people squeezing lemon juice on the nipples to get them to stop too. I think we may have to resort to something like this in a year. Emma is quickly nearing the 2 mark and isn't slowing down at all with frequency of feeds. :lol: And while I'm fine feeding past 2, I think 3 is my limit.

Emma loves toothpaste. I think that one wouldn't work for us. :haha: I've read people squeezing lemon juice on the nipples to get them to stop too. I think we may have to resort to something like this in a year. Emma is quickly nearing the 2 mark and isn't slowing down at all with frequency of feeds. :lol: And while I'm fine feeding past 2, I think 3 is my limit.

well done...:thumbup: you are doing a great job

i only planned to b'feed to a year but when he was one i kept expanding the time limit to 1 and half then 2 then 2 and half but now i think it's the right time because he understand a lot more now and it seems like he's not that bothered today. i know he still have this wanting feeling but he just looked at me and said "don't want it" "doesn't taste good:dohh:". it's only been 2 days and we are both doing fine (i miss b'feeding have to admit. it's special time for us)

You did amazing too! And it seems like you found a really gentle way of weaning without having the stress of having to refuse feeds. I will definitely be trying something similar if Emma doesn't wean by 3. :thumbup: I think it's perfectly normal to be a bit sad about it. It's the end of a relationship in a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"