My non festive deed for the day

Bec L

Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy
Reaction score
Just been shopping at my local Sainsbury's and as I was leaving I noticed two cars in the parent and child parking bays. One set of occupants were an elderly (but perfectly mobile) couple, the other a mother and I assume her teenage daughter. I was so angry to see them park up and walk into the store without any shame.

I rang customer services as I was leaving and said I'd like to report them. The woman just half heartedly said 'I'll let someone know and they'll get a ticket.' I offered to give the registration numbers but she said 'it's ok, the attendant will spot them!' I am not sure how although the mother and daughter were in a bl**dy sports car with no back seats and certainly no child seat! I really hope they got tickets but I very much doubt it. :growlmad:

Must be the hormones but I am in one bad mood today!

It drives me mental too! We went shopping late last night (without the kids) and didn't park in a parent a child space.

I annoys the hell out of me :grr: xx

This annoys me so much - I'd love to see people get tickets for this.

I was leaving Tescos a few weeks back and a woman in a Merc sports car (the two seater ones) parked in a parent and child bay. She was in her late fifties early sixties maybe, and got out and changed her flat shoes into high heels!!!! Gahhhhh. Didn't think to tell customer service, maybe I will in future!

I usually write notes and leave it on the windshields of cars that have annoyed me for one reason or another...ya know, cars that take up two parking spaces and the like. It's incredibly cathartic as I know they'll read the note so I can tell them off properly without having to get into an argument, lol.

I hate hate hate people that do this!!!

I would never of dreamed of parking in a parent and child spot before I had Josh

The thing is, you can use a mother & child space for 'children' up to 12years old!! It should be mother & infant IMO

The thing is, you can use a mother & child space for 'children' up to 12years old!! It should be mother & infant IMO

My local Tesco in Northern Ireland has parent and toddler written on the signs. People still don't pay attention though.

So so annoying, now it is Christmas and the supermarket car parks are heaving there are loads of people parked in the Parent and Child AND Disabled parking who clearly should not be there!!!! It winds me up to the point I want to leave notes on their cars but never have a pen or paper...grrr!

As great as the fines are they have no legal standing and alot of people know it. The only fines that are enforcable are those issued by local councils.

I go Supermarket shopping on my own now, Doesn't stop me tutting or throwing evils lol!!

Yestarday at Sainsburys in Aberdeen I was sitting in the car with Emma as my mate and her son went into the shop, the car next to me went to leave when the owner came back - it was a man in his late 40's. no kids. I was starting at him the whole time and he was looking well sheepish. Then another car pulled in and out gets a guy in his 50'2, again NO KIDS!

God help anyone that does it when im around :grr:

I complimented somee guy on his invisible child in Tesco's the other week before telling him off :rofl:

I love it, im a sucker for it though, i get terrible road rage

They have those parking spaces!? Never heard of them! :( Would come in handy with a car full of kiddos.

When is the proper time to use the expecting moms parking spaces?

The point is that like a disabled space they're closest to the store and they have wider spaces and hash lines so you have room to get your pram/carseat/child out.

I did mutter to the sports car woman 'I presume your baby is in the boot then?' but probably not loud enough for her to hear me :haha:

They have those parking spaces!? Never heard of them! :( Would come in handy with a car full of kiddos.

When is the proper time to use the expecting moms parking spaces?

I know, right... we don't have those here! lol

I'd say the proper time to use the spaces for expecting mothers is whenever you know you need it! It you're uncomfortable, go for it- who cares how big the bump is!

LOL We barely have expecting mother spots! Thanks for the answer. :)

Really? In Tescos I am sure the sign says up to aged 5, and says parent & toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->